Alive and Kicking
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective Alive and Kicking
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alive and Kicking
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alive and Kicking
- Photos about Alive and Kicking
- Video language resources about Alive and Kicking
- Share this page
Definition of the adjective Alive and Kicking
What does Alive and Kicking mean as an attribute of a noun?
- [idiomatic] Healthy; vital; in good health, particularly in opposition to unfavorable circumstances.
- "Alive and Kicking" a.k.a. "Indian Summer", also known as Alive & Kicking, is a 1996 British drama film directed by Nancy Meckler and starring Jason Flemyng, Antony Sher and Bill Nighy. The script was written by Martin Sherman, author of the play Bent. The plot follows as self-involved gay dancer who refuses to let the fact that he is HIV positive to disrupt his career as he rehearses a staging of Indian Summer, a gay theme ballet about love and lost. The dancer begins a troubled relationship with an older man, a gay therapist prone to drinking. The film was released in the UK as Indian Summer and in the United States as Alive & Kicking.
- read more about Indian Summer
- "Alive and Kicking" is a 1959 British comedy film directed by Cyril Frankel and starring Sybil Thorndike, Kathleen Harrison, Estelle Winwood and Stanley Holloway. Three women grow dissatisfied with their lives in a retirement home and decide to search for fresh enjoyment and adventure. They eventually end up running a successful sweater business in Ireland.
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- genre: Comedy
- released on (50 years ago)
- "Alive And Kicking" a.k.a. "Alive & Kicking": Alive & Kicking is the fourth album by Japanese singer Nana Mizuki, released on 8 December 2004.
- "Alive and Kicking" is a song by the Scottish rock band Simple Minds, released in 1985, which reached the Top three on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and served as first single from the band's most successful album, Once Upon a Time.
- "Alive And Kicking" a.k.a. "Alive & Kicking": Alive & Kicking is a live album by the Scottish hard rock band Nazareth, released in 2003.
- genre: Hard rock
- released on (11 years ago)
- "Alive and Kicking" a.k.a. "Alive & Kicking": Alive & Kicking is a 1985 single album by Simple Minds.
- read more about Alive & Kicking
- "Alive And Kicking" a.k.a. "Alive & Kicking": Alive & Kicking is the fifth and final album by American soul group The Delfonics, produced by Stan Watson and released in 1974 on the Philly Groove label. The album received a lukewarm reception, with critical opinion tending to the view that by this time The Delfonics were hampered by weaker material than that being produced contemporaneously by other Philadelphia soul groups such as Blue Magic and The Stylistics. Three singles were released with moderate success. The group in its original form would split up soon after the release of Alive & Kicking.
- genre: Philadelphia soul
- released in (41 years ago)
- "Alive and Kicking" is a musical album of Oi Polloi.
- released in (12 years ago)
- "Alive and Kicking" is a musical album of Livin' Blues Xperience.
- released in
- "Alive And Kicking" is a musical album of Chamaco Ramirez.
- "Alive And Kicking" a.k.a. "Alive & Kicking" is a musical album of Koritni.
- released on
Alive and Kicking a.k.a. Alive 'n Kickin': Alive N Kickin’ is a Brooklyn band, led by singers Pepe Cardona and Sandy Toder, known mainly for their 1970 hit single "Tighter, Tighter" which reached #7 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- read more about Alive 'n Kickin'
Alive And Kicking a.k.a. Alive & Kicking: Alive & Kicking is an African social enterprise that manufactures sports balls to provide balls for children, create jobs for adults and promote health education through sport. It states its vision as being of ‘an Africa where every child can play with a real ball, where thousands of jobs are sustained in the production of balls, and where sport contributes to the eradication of deadly disease.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alive and Kicking
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Robert Allen
alive and kicking alive and flourishing. 19th cent. James Fenimore Cooper Ned Myers 1843 The next day a doctor's boat came alongside, and we were ordered to show ourselves, andflourish our limbs, in order to make it evident we were alive ...
by Vijaya Kumar
ALIVE alive and kicking very much alive No matter what, young people are usually alive and kicking about. alive to something aware of ...
by Ian Stuart-Hamilton
* Alive and kicking ...
Abridged from the Seven-volume Work, Entitled: Slang and Its Analogues by John Stephen Farmer, William Ernest Henley
alive and kicking , ...
by Paul Heacock
alive alive and well, also alive and kicking 1 involved or active ♢ As long as our star players are alive and well, this championship isn't over yet. 2 having influence or importance ♢ Traditional ...
Dictionary of Early English (1955)
by Joseph T. Shipley
The phrase alive and quething meant alive able to speak; when quething was forgotten, folk-practice changed the phrase to alive and kicking. In the 14th century, quething was used for bequeathing; a quethe word was a bequest, a quething ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alive and Kicking
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alive and Kicking
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Alive and Kicking
Photo credit: spablab
- Alive and kicking
Photo credit: mcalamelli
- Alive and kicking
Photo credit: the bbp
- Rooney: Alive And Kicking
Photo credit: Ben Sutherland
- "Parking for alive and kicking lobsters only"
Photo credit: Sunfox
- Tower still alive and kicking in Tokyo
Photo credit: ffg
- Lobsters - alive and kicking
on sale this week.
Photo credit: snowpea&bokchoi
- Alive and Kicking hi-res
Photo credit: Social Enterprise UK
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Alive and Kicking
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Alive and Kicking!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alive and Kicking to see it in context!