All appears in many tongue twisters:
- You cuss, I cuss, we all cuss, for asparagus!
(from a Far Side cartoon by Gary Larson)
- I scream, you scream, we all scream for icecream!
- Of all the felt I ever felt I never felt felt that felt like that felt felt.
All appears in the following pangrams (sentences using every letter of the alphabet at least once):
- All questions asked by five watch experts amazed the judge. (49 letters)
- Now is the time for all quick brown dogs to jump over the lazy lynx. (53 letters)
All appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Snug all L.A. guns!
- Poor Dallas is all a-droop.
- Ace births all lash Tribeca.
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective all
- Definition of the adverb all
- Definition of the noun all
- Other definitions of all
- Phrases with All
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for All
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for All
- Photos about All
- Videos about All
- Sign language
- Quotes about All
- Scrabble value of A1L1L1
- Anagrams of ALL
- Share this page
The word all is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective all
What does all mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- (quantifier) used with either mass or count nouns to indicate the whole number or amount of or every one of a class
- completely given to or absorbed by
- example: became all attention
- similar: complete
Definition of the adverb all
What does all mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- to a complete degree or to the full or entire extent (`whole' is often used informally for `wholly')
Alternative definition of the adverb all
- [context: degree] [intensifier].
- Apiece; each.
- [context: degree] So much.
Definition of the noun all
What does all mean as a name of something?
Specialised definition of the noun all
Glossary of sports / tennis
used in scoring to indicate a tie, as in "40-all."
Other definitions of all
What does all also mean?
- Every individual or anything of the given class, with no exceptions (the noun or noun phrase denoting the class must be plural or uncountable).
- Throughout the whole of (a stated period of time; generally used with units of a day or longer).
- See Everyone.
- See Everything.
All is a musical group.
- genres: Melodic hardcore, Pop punk, Punk rock
- albums: "Allroy Sez...", "Allroy for Prez", "Dot", "Just Perfect / Wishing Well", "Allroy's Revenge", "She's My Ex", "Trailblazer", "Allroy Saves", "Percolater", "Breaking Things", "Guilty", "Pummel", "Mass Nerder", "All", "Problematic", "Live Plus One", "Shreen", "New Girl, Old Story"
- official website: www.epitaph.com/artists/artist/12/ALL
- All a.k.a. Gas is a music project of Wolfgang Voigt, a Cologne, Germany-based electronic musician. Voigt cites his youthful LSD experiences in the Königsforst, a German forest situated near his hometown of Köln, as the inspiration behind his work under the name Gas. He has claimed that the intention of the project is to "bring the forest to the disco, or vice-versa".
- read more about Gas
- All a.k.a. Jim Berger, born May 1974, is a Swedish black metal singer who goes by the stage name All. His original project was Abruptum. He also performed in many side-projects including Ophthalamia, Vondur, War, usually with Tony Särkkä.
- read more about Jim Berger
- "ALL" is the fourth album by the Los Angeles-based punk rock band the Descendents, released in 1987 through SST Records. It was their first album with guitarist Stephen Egerton and bassist Karl Alvarez, and their final studio album before singer Milo Aukerman left the band to pursue a career in biochemistry. The album is titled after the concept of "All", invented by drummer Bill Stevenson and friend Pat McCuistion in 1980. Based on the goals of achieving "the total extent" and "to not settle for some, to always go for All", the philosophy was the subject of the one-second title track, the two-second "No, All!", and "All-O-Gistics". Following Aukerman's departure the band renamed themselves All, recruiting singer Dave Smalley and releasing eight albums between 1988 and 1995 before reuniting with Aukerman to record and perform as the Descendents again on Everything Sucks.
- "All" was the United Kingdom entry at the Eurovision Song Contest 1957 performed in English by Patricia Bredin. At a length of 1:52 minutes, it has the distinction of being the shortest entry in the history of the Contest as well as being the first song to be performed in English.
- "All": All is a best of compilation album by the punk rock band All. It was released on February 23, 1999 on All's own label, Owned & Operated.
- "ALL" is the third album released by the Japanese group AAA. It was released on January 1, 2007 through avex trax. All but three songs on this album were released as singles.
- genre: J-pop
- released on (9 years ago)
- "All" is an album by jazz pianist Horace Silver released on the Blue Note label in 1972, featuring performances by Silver with Cecil Bridgewater, Harold Vick, Richie Resnicoff, Bob Cranshaw and Mickey Roker, with vocals by Andy Bey, Salome Bey and Gail Nelson. It is the third of a trilogy of albums later compiled on CD as The United States of Mind.
- "All" is a musical album of Thomas Brun.
- also known as All (bonus CD live), All (bonus disc)
- released on (12 years ago)
- "All" is a musical album of Colour Haze.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "All" is a musical single of Blackbird Blackbird.
- released on
- "All" is a musical album of Rainer Jancis.
- released in (7 years ago)
- "All" is a musical single of Gas.
- released in (17 years ago)
- "All" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- music by TV Victor
All a.k.a. Albenga Airport, also known as "Clemente Panero" International Airport, is an airport located 3.24 NM west of Albenga, a city in the Province of Savona in Liguria, northern Italy.
- also known as Villanova d'Albenga Airport
- part of Italy
- official website: www.rivierairport.it/english/index.htm
- All a.k.a. Albanian lek: The lek is the official currency of Albania. It is subdivided into 100 qindarka, although qindarka are no longer issued.
- also known as lek
- official website: www.bankofalbania.org
- All is a film rating.
- All a.k.a. The breakpoint cluster region protein also known as renal carcinoma antigen NY-REN-26 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the BCR gene. BCR is one of the two genes in the BCR-ABL complex, which is associated with the Philadelphia chromosome. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene.
- also known as FGFR1/BCR chimaeric fusion protein, BCR-ABL fusion, breakpoint cluster region protein, BCR/ABL fusion, BCRe18/ABL1e3 fusion protein, bcr/abl fusion protein, BCR/FGFR1 chimaeric fusion protein, BCR-ABL fusion protein, BCR
- ALL: In computability and complexity theory, ALL is the class of all decision problems.
- All a.k.a. Allar Language: Allar is an unclassified Dravidian language spoken in Kerala, India. Due to a lack of scholarly study, Allar cannot be classified within Dravidian at this time and may be a dialect of some other Dravidian language.
- also known as Chatans, Alar, Allan, Alanmar, Alan
- ALL a.k.a. Bcr is a protein.
- read more about Bcr
Phrases with All
Phrases starting with the word All:
Phrases ending with the word All:
View more phrases with the word All in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for All
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Various Authors
Covering all Making, Finishing, Fitting of Garments, Cutting to Measure of Skirts without Patterns, Bias Cutting, all Tucking, Shirring, Braiding, Belt Making, Flower and Bag Making, Rouleau Trimmings, Model Blouse Fashions, Setting and ...
For the Termini were the Gods of Bounds, and the Fates set Bounds to our Lives, and put an end to all our Undertakings. Ovid introduces Jupiter speaking to Venus, and faying, that it was to no purpose to attempt to break the Decrees of the ...
An Encyclopedia of the Medieval World by Ruth A Johnston
All things in the home and at work are contained in the scope of this book.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for All
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about All
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: quinn.anya
- All garlic
Photo credit: ximateix!
- All alone ! (Explored)
Photo credit: CJS*64 "Man with a camera"
- All done
Behind the Lawrence Hall of Science is a vista point looking out over the San Francisco Bay. On this particular day, it was blustery and overcast, but that did not deter this family from taking in the sights. As the boy points out various geographical highlights, his sister gets cold and tired and starts heading toward the entrance to the warmth and comfort of the Hall. Shot in Berkeley, CA
Details: Handheld, Canon 18-135 IS, vignette effect, contrast adjustment, gradient layer adjustment
Photo credit: John-Morgan
- All garlic
Photo credit: ximateix!
- All Texas
All Texas in Menard. Pan American-Trek using Google Street View.
Photo credit: kevin dooley
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about All
Click on an item to play that video:
- Delta Rae - The Meaning Of It All [Official Audio]
- Beach Slang - All Fuzzed Out
Beach Slang "Cheap Thrills On A Dead End Street" 7" out Fall 2014 on Tiny Engines Vinyl...
- TOEFL Tuesday: All About TOEFL Vocabulary
What do you need to know about TOEFL vocabulary? Find out how vocabulary can help you in every section of the exam, what words you need to study, and the ...
- 11:11 Meaning - All About 11:11 and Repetitive Numbers | in5d.com
If you really want to know everything about 11:11 and repetitive number synchronicities, then you've come to the right place. The 1111 phenomena has quickly ...
- Ry Cuming - Meaning of it all
Download the album from iTunes...
- Mercedes 4Matic All Wheel Drive System Explanation
Watch a video describing in detail how a modern 4 Wheel Drive systems works on a car...good animation.
- Vocabulary - sometimes, sometime, some time, always, all ways
- Rebel MC - Get Ready [All Junglists] (Kosine & Dialect Remix)
Sharing the latest future sounds and always fresh classics. Top Ragga/Dub influenced Jungle/Drum & Bass tunes from across the globe all in one spot!
- Device- Through It All feat. Glenn Hughes (Song Meaning)
Download Device's self-titled debut album here-...
- Time Loses All Meaning - Deleted Scene
Deleted Scene from the soon to be released feature length documentary, "Scouts Honor: Inside a Marching Brotherhood". Madison Scouts' corps director, Dann ...
- Hamsa Bracelet - All About The Hamsa Hand And Its Meaning
Hamsa bracelets are worn as protection amulets by men, women and even kids all across world. Here's a short introduction to the meaning of the Hamsa hand.
- The Wind Waker - All Figurines (New Game file) proof and explanation
There are rumors that it is impossible to get all the figurines on a fresh file, because you start with the Picto Box DX on a 2nd playthrough (also known as "New ...
- Ry Cuming performs "Meaning Of It All" for Project Rhythm Seed
Ry Cuming performs "Meaning Of It All" for Project Rhythm Seed. Produced by Myles Crawley. Audio mixed by Myles Crawley. Recorded at The Belly Up Tavern ...
- Mystery Slang. They All Ran Like Numbers
- Judy Garland - Ev'ry Little Movement Has A Meaning All Its Own (Presenting Lily Mars, 1943)
- Ultimate Horde Garrison Explanation - ALL BUILDINGS [Warlords of Draenor Beta]
Here is an explanation video on all of the buildings that are here, click the times below for certain buildings: - Large - 1.Barracks - 1:56 2.Goblin Workshop - 5:25 ...
- Adjective Song: All About That Adjective
This video is about All About That Adjective.
- All Random, ESL NY Edition.
Time is a flat circle.
- Khmer Empire : The King city Jayavarman7 Sub all language p2/4
- Silverstone Argon AR03 (All language subtitles)
- Khmer Empire : The King city Jayavarman7 Sub all language p4/4
- SilverStone NT01-Pro (All language subtitles)
- Khmer Empire : The King city Jayavarman7 Sub all language p3/4
- Google Translate App Review: Remove All Language Barriers in Business and Negotiations
- Body Language of PM Narendra Modi at Berlin Says it all ....
A confident Narendra Modi arrives at Berlin Airport ahead of BRICs Summit...
- Khmer Empire : The King city Jayavarman7 Sub all language p1/4
For subs don't forget click "cc"
See also the pronunciation examples of All!
Click on an item to play that video:
- Baby Sign Language All Done More Please Milk
- All about that bass by Meghan Trainor in BSL (British Sign Language)/SSE
All rights reserved to the original artist of the song. No copyright infringement intended. Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, ...
- "ALL" sign language
- How to sign 'finished' 'all done' 'all gone' (baby sign language)
Demonstration of how to sign finished / all gone / all done in baby sign language / makaton. Some people like to use this sign together with the potty sign.
- Sign language- He wants it all
April performs He wants it all very beautifully during service on Saturday February 9, 2013.
Quotes about All
Scrabble value of A1L1L1
The value of this 3-letter word is 3 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of All!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of All to see it in context!