All for Mary
On this page:
"All for Mary" is a 1955 British comedy film brought to the screen by Paul Soskin Productions for The Rank Organisation. It was based on a play written by the English husband and wife team of Kay Bannerman and Harold Brooke. It was directed by Wendy Toye, produced by Paul Soskin with the screenplay by Peter Soskin and Paul Blackmore. It starred Nigel Patrick, David Tomlinson, Jill Day and Kathleen Harrison. Cinematography was by Reginald H. Wyer.
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- producer: Paul Soskin
- executive producers: J. Arthur Rank, 1st Baron Rank
- written by Paul Soskin & Peter Blackmore
- based on a story by Kay Bannerman & Harold Brooke
- Nigel Patrick as Capt. Clive Morton
- Kathleen Harrison as Nannie Cartwright
- David Tomlinson as Humpy Miller
- Jill Day as Mary
- David Hurst as M. Victor
- Leo McKern as Gaston Nikopopoulos
- Nicholas Phipps as General McLintock-White
- Joan Young as Mrs. Hackenfleuger
- Lionel Jeffries as Maitre D', Hotel
- Paul Hardtmuth as Porter
- cinematography by Reginald Wyer
- edited by Frederick Wilson
- music by Captain Bob Farnon
- costume design by Joan Ellacott
- genre: Comedy
- released on (59 years ago)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for All for Mary
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Women in British Cinema (2000)
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know by Sue Harper
All for Mary is a skilful debunking of myths about masculinity and romantic love. Toye's last film for Rank was True as a Turtle (195 7), which was about a sailing trip in a leaky hulk. The slight material is invested with layers of meaning about ...
by Thomas S. Hischak
Gentlemen Marry Brunettes 1955 All for Mary 1956 It's ...
by Marty McGee
All for Mary (1955, SM); Above Us ...
by Jerry Roberts
for British TV and the features All for Mary (1955) with Nigel Patrick, We ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for All for Mary
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of All for Mary for some fun with words!