All Is Lost
is an acrostic for ail.
On this page:
"All Is Lost" is a 2013 survival film written and directed by J. C. Chandor. The film stars Robert Redford as a man lost at sea. Redford is the only cast member, and the film has almost no dialogue. All Is Lost is Chandor's second feature film, following his 2011 debut Margin Call. It screened out of competition at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Neal Dodson, Anna Gerb, Justin Nappi & Teddy Schwarzman
- executive producers: Robert Ogden Barnum, Glen Basner, Joshua Blum, Howard Cohen, Eric d'Arbeloff, Cassian Elwes, Corey Moosa, Zachary Quinto, Laura Rister & Kevin Turen
- production design by John P. Goldsmith
- art direction by Marco Niro
- written by J. C. Chandor
- starring: Robert Redford as Our Man
- cinematography by Frank DeMarco & Peter Zuccarini
- edited by Pete Beaudreau
- music by Alex Ebert
- costume design by Van Broughton Ramsey
- set decoration by Ramírez Gabriela
- genres: Action Film, Adventure Film, Drama
- rating: PG-13 (USA), G
- released on
- some of the awards:
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture – Drama (role: Our Man) nomination for Robert Redford
- Golden Globe Award for Best Original Score nomination for Alex Ebert
- Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Actor nomination for Robert Redford
- Satellite Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture nomination for Robert Redford
- Satellite Award for Best Motion Picture nomination for Lions Gate Entertainment
- Satellite Award for Best Visual Effects nomination for Colin Davies, Bob Munroe, Brendon O'Dell
- Satellite Award for Best Sound nomination for Brandon Proctor, Steve Boeddeker, Richard Hymns & Micah Bloomberg
- National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Actor nomination for Robert Redford
- Academy Award for Best Sound Editing nomination for Richard Hymns & Steve Boeddeker
- Gotham Independent Film Award for Best Actor nomination for Robert Redford
- Golden Globe Award for Best Original Score, received by Alex Ebert
- Screen Actors Guild Award for outstanding performance by a stunt ensemble in a motion picture
- Independent Spirit Award for Best Feature nomination for Neal Dodson & Anna Gerb
- Independent Spirit Award for Best Director nomination for J. C. Chandor
- Independent Spirit Award for Best Cinematography nomination for Frank DeMarco & Peter Zuccarini
- BAFTA Award for Best Sound nomination for Steve Boeddeker, Richard Hymns, Brandon Proctor, Gillian Arthur, Micah Bloomberg
- Independent Spirit Award for Best Male Lead nomination for Robert Redford
- official website: allislostfilm.com
- "All Is Lost" is a musical album of Alex Ebert.
- released on
- "All Is Lost" a.k.a. "All Is Löst" is a musical album of Murk.
- released in (7 years ago)
- "All Is Lost" is a composition.
- music by Danny Elfman
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for All Is Lost
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Giving the Derivation, Source, Or Origin of Common Phrases, Allusions, and Words that Have a Tale to Tell by Ebenezer Cobham Brewer
All is lost that is put in a riven dish. In Latin, “Pertüsum quicquid infunditur in dolium, perit.” (It is no use helping the insolvent.) All is not gold that glitters or glisters. Trust not to appearances. In Latin, “Nulla fides fronti.” • “Not all that tempts your ...
by Wolfgang Mieder, Stewart A. Kingsbury, Kelsie B. Harder
/All is lost that is poured into a cracked DISH. / All may DO what has by man been done. / All are presumed GOOD until they are found in a fault. / Let us all HANG together or hang separately. / HEAR all and say nothing. / It's all in KNOWING ...
A Dictionary of Thoughts (1891)
Being a Cyclopedia of Laconic Quotations from the Best Authors, Both Ancient and Modern by Tryon Edwards
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost ; when health is lost, something is lost ; when character is lost, all is lost. — German Molto. Losses are comparative, imagination only makes them of any moment. — Pascal. What is taken from the fortune, ...
by Jacob Neusner
Attitude And Possession: When hope is abandoned, then, but only then, all is lost. This point is made in connection with the law of ownership of property. Ownership of property depends upon one's attitude toward the property.
A Resource for Readers and Writers by Gabriel Adeleye, Kofi Acquah-Dadzie
All is lost except honor.] Everything is lost except honor. Tout est pour le mieux dans ce meilleur des mondes possibles Voltaire (1694–1778). Candide 30 ...
by Ebenezer Cobham Brewer
All Is lost that Is put in a riven dish. In Latin, PertUsum quicquid infun- All is not gold that glitters Allemand dUur in dolium 31.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for All Is Lost
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about All Is Lost
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about When All Is Lost.
Quotes about All Is Lost
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of All Is Lost to see it in context!