All Quiet On The Western Front
On this page:
- "All Quiet on the Western Front" is a 1930 American epic war film based on the Erich Maria Remarque novel of the same name. It was directed by Lewis Milestone, and stars Louis Wolheim, Lew Ayres, John Wray, Arnold Lucy and Ben Alexander.
- country: United States of America
- languages: English Language, French, Latin Language, German Language
- producers: Carl Laemmle, Jr.
- art direction by Charles D. Hall & William R. Schmidt
- written by George Abbott, Maxwell Anderson, Lewis Milestone & C. Gardner Sullivan
- based on "All Quiet on the Western Front" by Erich Maria Remarque, Del Andrews, Walter Anthony & Maxwell Anderson
- Lew Ayres as Paul
- Louis Wolheim as Kat
- Beryl Mercer as Paul's Mother
- Owen Davis, Jr. as Peter
- Scott Kolk as Leer
- John Wray as Himmelstoss
- Russell Gleason as Mueller
- G. Pat Collins as Bertinck
- Walter Rogers as Behn
- Richard Alexander as Westhus
- Slim Summerville as Tjaden
- Harold Goodwin as Detering
- Arnold Lucy as Kantorek
- Ben Alexander as Kemmerich
- William Bakewell as Albert
- Edmund Breese as Herr Meyer
- ZaSu Pitts as Frau Bäumer
- Ernie Adams as 2nd Medic Orderly
- Marion Clayton Anderson as Anna Bäumer
- Poupée Andriot as French Girl #1
- Vince Barnett as Assistant Cook
- Daisy Belmore as Frau Kemmerick
- Glen Boles as Young Soldier
- Heinie Conklin as Joseph Hammacher
- Yola d'Avril as Suzanne
- Renée Damonde as French Girl #2
- Arthur Gardner as Student
- Raymond Griffith as Gérard Duval
- Ellen Hall as Young Girl
- William Irving as Ginger
- Frederick Kohner
- Frank Leichtfried
- Tom London as 1st Medic Orderly
- Bertha Mann as Sister Libertine
- Joan Marsh as Poster Girl
- Edwin Maxwell as Herr Bäumer
- Jack McHugh as Schoolboy #1
- Maurice Murphy as Soldier #1
- Robert Parrish as Schoolboy #2
- Bodil Rosing as Mother of Hospital Patient
- Wolfgang Staudte
- Jack Sutherland
- David Tyrell as Soldier #2
- Dorothy Vernon as Charwoman
- Fred Zinnemann
- cinematography by Arthur Edeson & Karl Freund
- edited by Edward L. Cahn, Milton Carruth, Edgar Adams
- music by Sam Perry, Heinz Eric Roemheld
- genres: War film, Action Film, Drama
- subject: World War I
- tagline: At last....the motion picture!
- released on (85 years ago)
- Academy Award for Best Director nomination for Lewis Milestone
- Academy Award for Best Picture nomination for Universal Studios & Carl Laemmle, Jr.
- Academy Award for Best Writing Adapted Screenplay nomination for Maxwell Anderson, George Abbott, Del Andrews
- Academy Award for Best Cinematography nomination for Arthur Edeson
- Academy Award for Best Cinematography, Black-and-White nomination for Arthur Edeson
- Academy Award for Best Picture, received by Universal Studios
- Academy Award for Best Director, received by Lewis Milestone
- "All Quiet on the Western Front" is a television film produced by ITC Entertainment, released on November 14, 1979, starring actors Richard Thomas of The Waltons fame as Paul Baumer, and Ernest Borgnine as Katczinsky. It is based on the book of the same title by Erich Maria Remarque.
- countries: United States of America, United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- director: Delbert Mann
- producer: Norman Rosemont
- executive producer: Martin Starger
- written by Paul Monash
- based on "All Quiet on the Western Front" by Erich Maria Remarque
- cinematography by John Coquillon
- music by Allyn Ferguson
- genres: War film, Film adaptation, Drama
- subject: World War I
- released on (36 years ago)
- some of the awards:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for All Quiet On The Western Front
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Tom Dalzell, Terry Victor
11, 2006 all quiet on the Western Front ...
by Robert Andrews
All Quiet on the Western Front. English title of novel, Im Westen nichts Neues (1929), which describes the daily routine of soldiers fighting in the ...
by Constantine Santas, James M. Wilson, Maria Colavito, Djoymi Baker
ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT (1930) The greatest war book that has yet been written. —Redacteur Stohr, Germany Director: Lewis Milestone Writers: George Abbot, Maxwell Anderson, Del Andrews, C. Gardner Sullivan, Lewis Milestone.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for All Quiet On The Western Front
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about All Quiet On The Western Front
Click on an item to view that photo:
- All Quiet On The Western Front
Uploaded with Darkslide.
Photo credit: H.L.I.T.
- All quiet on the western front.
Photo credit: lisibo
- All quiet on the western front...
All quiet on the western front as fog rolls in over SF
9 Likes on Instagram
Photo credit: quietaction
- All Quiet On The Western Front - 45110.
Behind Bridgenorth shed not much appears to be happening? The black 5, being stripped of motion parts, would not have the capacity of moving under her own steam from the front of the 'Western' to her rear.
Camera: Olympus OM1 35mm SLR.
Photo credit: Sir Hectimere
- All Quiet On The Western Front.
Photo credit: Bluesguy from NY
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of All Quiet On The Western Front to see it in context!