All the Brothers Were Valiant
On this page:
- "All the Brothers Were Valiant" is a 1953 adventure drama film made by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, based on the 1919 novel All the Brothers Were Valiant by Ben Ames Williams. The 1953 MGM film is a remake of the 1923 silent film starring Lon Chaney and made by Metro Pictures, a forerunner of MGM, and now considered lost, as well as the 1928 MGM version, which starred Ramon Novarro, Across to Singapore. The 1953 version was directed by Richard Thorpe and produced by Pandro S. Berman from a screenplay by Harry Brown. The music score was by Miklós Rózsa, the cinematography by George J. Folsey and the art direction by Randall Duell and Cedric Gibbons.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Pandro S. Berman
- art direction by Cedric Gibbons & Randall Duell
- written by Harry Brown
- based on "All the Brothers Were Valiant" by Ben Ames Williams
- cinematography by George J. Folsey
- edited by Ferris Webster
- music by Miklós Rózsa
- costume design by Walter Plunkett
- set decoration by Edwin B. Willis & Hugh Hunt
- genres: Romance Film, Adventure Film, Drama
- released on (62 years ago)
- award: - Academy Award for Best Cinematography nomination for George J. Folsey
- "All the Brothers Were Valiant" is a 1923 American silent sea adventure and romantic drama film starring Lon Chaney. The movie was produced and distributed by Metro Pictures corporation and directed by Irvin Willat. The cast also features Malcolm McGregor, Billie Dove and Robert McKim. As its survival status is classified as unknown, the film is now considered lost.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for All the Brothers Were Valiant
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Thomas S. Hischak
All the Brothers Were Valiant Knights ...
by George A. Katchmer
Charles Conklin, Harold Goodwin, Slim Summerville All That Money Can Buy James Farley All the Brothers Were Valiant (¡923) Shannon Day, William V. Mong , William Orlamond, Leo Willis All the Brothers Were Valiant (¡953) Lewis All the ...
by Marty McGee
All the Brothers Were Valiant (1953, RS); The Affairs of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for All the Brothers Were Valiant
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: