All the Way
On this page:
- Definition of the adverb all the way
- Phrases with All the Way
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for All the Way
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for All the Way
- Photos about All the Way
- Video language resources about All the Way
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adverb all the way
What does all the way mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- to the goal
- example: she climbed the mountain all the way
- synonym of all the way: the whole way
- synonym of all the way: clear
- not stopping short of sexual intercourse
- example: she went all the way with him
Alternative definition of the adverb all the way
- To the end
- "All the Way" is a 1950s pop song made famous by Frank Sinatra and covered since by many musicians.
- "All the Way" is a song written and performed by Evanston, Illinois native and Pearl Jam vocalist Eddie Vedder about the Chicago Cubs. It was first performed in public on August 2, 2007, recorded on August 21, 2008 and August 22, 2008, and released as a single on September 18, 2008.
- "All the Way" is an album by American singer Frank Sinatra, released in 1961.
- "All the Way" is the second full-length studio album by American pop rock band, Allstar Weekend, who were signed with Hollywood Records at the time of release. It's the final album to feature guitarist Nathan Darmody, who left 10 days before its release. The album was released on September 27, 2011.
- "All the Way" is the fifth studio album by American pop and country artist Brenda Lee. The album was released August 7, 1961 on Decca Records and was produced by Owen Bradley. It was the second of two studio albums released by Brenda Lee in 1961 and spawned the single "Dum Dum", which became a Top 10 hit on the Billboard Hot 100.
- "All the Way" is the first single released by the British R&B artist Craig David from his third album The Story Goes.... It was the first single he released with new label Warner Bros. Records after Wildstar Records went bankrupt. After missing the top ten with previous singles "World Filled with Love" and "You Don't Miss Your Water", "All The Way" returned David to the top three. It was the highest charting single from The Story Goes... but not the biggest selling as "Don't Love You No More" spent over double the amount of weeks inside the UK Top 75.
- "All the Way" is a 2006 album recorded by American R&B singer Etta James. Two years after she released Blues to the Bone, James went to the recording studio in 2005 with a set of songs that share little association with her career.
- "All The Way" is a musical album of Calloway.
- released in (27 years ago)
- "All the Way" is a musical single of Mikuni Shimokawa.
- released on (12 years ago)
- "All The Way" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- music and lyrics by Yasutaka Nakata
- "All the Way" is a noise album by Growing released in 2008. It was released by The Social Registry.
- genre: Noise music
- released on (7 years ago)
- "All the Way" is a song recorded by Canadian country music artist Jason McCoy. It was released in 1996 as the seventh single from his second studio album, Jason McCoy. It peaked at number 4 on the RPM Country Tracks chart in July 1996.
"All the Way" is a play by Robert Schenkkan, depicting President Lyndon B. Johnson's efforts to maneuver members of the 88th United States Congress to enact, and civil rights leaders including Martin Luther King, Jr. to support, the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The play takes its name from Johnson's 1964 campaign slogan, "All the Way with LBJ.
- "All the Way" a.k.a. "The Night We Called It a Day" is an Australian film directed by Paul Goldman starring Dennis Hopper as Frank Sinatra and Melanie Griffith as Barbara Marx, and featuring Portia de Rossi, Joel Edgerton, Rose Byrne, and David Hemmings. The movie is based on the true events surrounding Sinatra's 1974 tour in Australia. When the singer calls a local reporter a "two-bit hooker", every union in the country black-bans the star until he issues an apology.
- read more about The Night We Called It a Day
- "All the Way" is a film, directed by Marque Owen.
- "All the Way" is a 2011 documentary film written and directed by Anne Delaney.
- All The Way is a 2014 theater production of the play by Robert Schenkkan.
- Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Actor in a Play nomination for Bryan Cranston
- Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Featured Actor in a Play nomination for John McMartin
- Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Director of a Play nomination for Bill Rauch
- Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Play nomination for Robert Schenkkan
- Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actor in a Play nomination for Bryan Cranston
- Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Sound Design of a Play nomination for Paul James Prendergast
- Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Director of a Play nomination for Bill Rauch
- Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Projection and Video Design nomination for Shawn Sagady
- Tony Award for Best Actor in a Play nomination for Bryan Cranston
- Tony Award for Best Play nomination for Robert Schenkkan
- Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding New Broadway Play nomination for Robert Schenkkan
- Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Actor in a Play, received by Bryan Cranston
- Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding New Broadway Play, received by Robert Schenkkan
- Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actor in a Play, received by Bryan Cranston
- Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Play, received by Robert Schenkkan
- Tony Award for Best Play, received by Robert Schenkkan
- Tony Award for Best Actor in a Play, received by Bryan Cranston
- official website: allthewaybroadway.com
- All the Way was an Australian television series made by Crawford Productions for the Nine Network in 1988.
Phrases with All the Way
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for All the Way
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The World of Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs from Abyss Ghosts to Zombies Elite by Bill Hayes
It ruled from the late 60s all the way to the late 90s with an ...
by Tadeusz Swietochowski, Brian C. Collins
It provides numerous entries on persons, institutions, and events, emphasizing recent periods but looking all the way back to ancient times. There are others on important aspects of the economy, society, religion, and culture. The introduction ...
by Phillip C. Naylor
It delves into the past, reaching all the way back, then deals more intensively with French colonization and takes an even more ...
by Carl Waldman
The powerful Blackfoot Confederacy once controlled a huge expanse of the northeastern High Plains, from the North Saskatchewan River in what is now Alberta all the way to the upper Missouri River in Montana, flanked on the west by the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for All the Way
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about All the Way
Click on an item to view that photo:
- All the way
Photo credit: Antonio Bonanno
- All the way down
Photo credit: beeveephoto
- Evernote all the way!
Photo credit: karenandbrademerson
- Alone All The Way
Photo credit: Justin Snow
- All The Way Down
Photo credit: marvin L
- Green Way - all the way
Vedanthangal - Chennai - India
Photo credit: Balaji Photography - 4.9M views and Growing
- All the Way Down
Photo credit: Anton Jackson
- Downhill All The Way
Apart from the uphill bits.
Photo credit: ARG_Flickr
- LFC all the way
Liverpool Football Club
Photo credit: Lincoln SL Photography
- Leaning all the way down
Photo credit: Chris Winters
- Laughing all the way
Becky reacting to her wonderful aim. She had just thrown the bouquet to both the flower girl and the flower girl's mother by accident.
Photo credit: Rich Moffitt
- RVs all the way.
Photo credit: TenSafeFrogs
- Bingle All the Way
Photo credit: aturkus
- Emirates all the way
Holy crap emirates is big. And they just keep buying more airplanes.
Photo credit: crucially
- All The Way.
Photo credit: michaelkmak
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about All the Way
Click on an item to play that video:
- Laugh all the way to the bank Meaning
Video shows what laugh all the way to the bank means. To make a large income easily, often at the expense of others, or by doing something which draws ...
- All the way Meaning
Video shows what all the way means. To the end.. With every typical accoutrement (condiment).. All the way Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
- Photographic Definition | All The Way Live: Urban Dance Festival 2012 | Choreography Competition
Photographic Definition | ATWL USA | Ohlone College | September 7th, 2012...
- Downhill All the Way - An Explanation - ESL British English Pronunciation
- Downhill All the Way - An Explanation - ESL British English Pronunciation
- Excellent, in any language! (and all the way from Santa Cruz!)
- Language and Trans Midterm Its turtles all the way down
See also the pronunciation examples of All the Way!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of All the Way to see it in context!