On this page:
- Definition of the adjective all-or-nothing
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for All-or-Nothing
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for All-or-Nothing
- Photo about All-or-Nothing
- Video about All-or-Nothing
- Quotes about All-or-Nothing
- Share this page
Definition of the adjective all-or-nothing
What does all-or-nothing mean as an attribute of a noun?
- occurring completely or not occurring at all
- examples: It was all-or-nothing and we struck out spectacularly. | Honestly, it's all or nothing. | Going all out like this is going to propel me right into an all-or-nothing struggle. | It's all or nothing. | Rules are all or nothing. | All or nothing.
- synonym of all-or-nothing: all-or-none
- similar: complete
Alternative definition of the adjective all-or-nothing
- that will either completely succeed or completely fail
- "All-or-nothing" a.k.a. "All or Nothing" is a 2002 British drama film written and directed by Mike Leigh. Typical of Leigh's work, the film is set in present-day London, and revolves around three working-class families and the depiction of their everyday lives.
- countries: United Kingdom, France
- language: English Language
- producers: Simon Channing Williams & Alain Sarde
- executive producer: Pierre Edelman
- production design by Eve Stewart
- art direction by Tom Read
- written by Mike Leigh
- Alison Garland as Rachel Bassett
- Timothy Spall as Phil Bassett
- Lesley Manville as Penny Bassett
- Ruth Sheen as Maureen
- Paul Jesson as Ron
- Gary McDonald as Neville
- Diveen Henry as Dinah
- James Corden as Rory Bassett
- Sally Hawkins as Samantha
- Ben Crompton as Craig
- Marion Bailey as Carol
- Helen Coker as Donna
- Daniel Mays as Jason
- Sam Kelly as Sid
- Kathryn Hunter as Cécile
- casting by Nina Gold
- cinematography by Dick Pope
- edited by Lesley Walker
- music by Andrew Dickson
- costume design by Jacqueline Durran
- location: London
- genres: Indie film, Romance Film, Drama
- rating: UK: 18, R (USA)
- released on (12 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- Evening Standard British Film Award for Best Technical/Artistic Achievement nomination for Eve Stewart
- British Independent Film Award for Best Actor nomination for Timothy Spall
- Palme d'Or nomination for Mike Leigh
- European Film Award for Best Actor nomination for Timothy Spall
- European Film Award for Best Director nomination for Mike Leigh
- European Film Awards Audience Award for Best Director nomination for Mike Leigh
- Satellite Award for Best Original Screenplay nomination for Mike Leigh
- Satellite Award for Best Foreign Language Film (UK) nomination for United Artists
- London Film Critics Circle Award for British Actress of the Year nomination for Lesley Manville
- London Film Critics Circle Award for British Film of the Year
- London Film Critics Circle Award for British Director of the Year nomination for Mike Leigh
- London Film Critics Circle Award for Best Supporting Actress nomination for Ruth Sheen
- London Film Critics Circle Award for Screenwriter of the Year nomination for Mike Leigh
- London Film Critics Circle Award for British Actress of the Year, received by Lesley Manville
- London Film Critics Circle Award for British Film of the Year
- "All-or-nothing" a.k.a. "All or Nothing" is a film, directed by Adisa Jones.
"All-or-nothing" a.k.a. "All or Nothing" is a book by Jonathan Steinberg.
- also known as "All or nothing: the Axis and the Holocaust, 1941-1943"
- subjects: History, 20th century, Modern history, World War II, Italy, Germany, Diplomatic history, France, Foreign relations, Jewish Studies, Fascism, The Holocaust, Military branch, World
"All-or-nothing" a.k.a. "All or Nothing" is a computer game for the ZX Spectrum, released in 1984 by Abbex. The basic premise of the game sees the player parachute into hostile territory, retrieve secret documents and destroy the enemy camp.
- mode: Single-player video game
- designer: Paul Reynolds
- developer: Paul Reynolds
- genres: Action-adventure game, Stealth game
- publisher: Abbex Electronics
- released in (31 years ago)
- "All-or-nothing" a.k.a. "All or Nothing" is the third studio album by British R&B singer Jay Sean, released 23 November 2009 in the United States as the singer's international debut album with Cash Money Records and Universal Republic and a week later on 30 November 2009 with Jayded Records and 2Point9 Records. The album was also released in international markets from December 2009.
- "All-or-nothing" a.k.a. "All or Nothing" is a hit song written by Steve Marriott and Ronnie Lane of British mod group Small Faces in 1966.
- "All-or-nothing" a.k.a. "All or Nothing" is the third international single by American singer-actress Cher from her twenty-third studio album, Believe. It was released in 1999 by Warner Bros, and WEA.
- "All-or-nothing" a.k.a. "Trill Entertainment Presents: All or Nothing" is a compilation album by Trill Entertainment, featuring rappers Lil Boosie, Foxx, Webbie & Trill Fam. It was released on November 9, 2010.
- "All-or-nothing" a.k.a. "All or Nothing" is the sixth studio album by Fat Joe, released on June 14, 2005. The album debuted at #6 on the Billboard 200 with 106,500 sold in the first week released and has sold about 293,000 copies to date.
- "All-or-nothing" a.k.a. "All or Nothing" is the tenth studio album by the punk rock band Pennywise, which was released on May 1, 2012. It is Pennywise's first album since Reason to Believe, their longest gap to date between studio albums. This is also the band's only recording with vocalist Zoli Téglás, who replaced Jim Lindberg from February 2010 to October 2012, as well as their first release on Epitaph Records since 2005's The Fuse.
- "All-or-nothing" a.k.a. "All or Nothing" is the debut album by dance pop duo Milli Vanilli, released only in Europe on the Hansa label in November 1988. In 1989, it was repackaged and retitled Girl You Know It's True for release in the United States on the Arista label, with several of the original album tracks replaced and/or remixed. After 1990, due to lip-synching allegations, a disclaimer sticker was added on the cover to explicitly name the singers who provided vocals on the album.
- "All-or-nothing" a.k.a. "All or Nothing" is the second studio album by English trio The Subways and was released on 30 June 2008. Recorded in Conway Studios in Los Angeles by producer Butch Vig, the album was preceded by the release of two singles: "Girls & Boys", released 27 March 2008, and available as a free download, and "Alright", released 16 June 2008.
- "All-or-nothing" a.k.a. "All Or Nothing" is a 1999 single album by Cher.
- released on (16 years ago)
- "All-or-nothing" a.k.a. "All or Nothing" is a song by Milli Vanilli. It was their final top 10 single, peaking at #4 in the United States.
- "All-or-nothing" a.k.a. "All or Nothing" is the 1991 album by Berry Sakharof.
- also known as All or Nothing [הכל או כלום], הכל או כלום
- released in (24 years ago)
- "All-or-nothing" a.k.a. "All or Nothing" is a musical album of The Small Faces.
- "All-or-nothing" a.k.a. "All Or Nothing" is a musical album of Tower City.
- released on (17 years ago)
- "All-or-nothing" a.k.a. "All or Nothing" is a composition.
- "All-or-nothing" a.k.a. "All or Nothing" is the third full length studio release on Capitol-EMI of Canada by Canadian singer, Luba and band.
- "All-or-nothing" a.k.a. "All or Nothing" is a remix album by Milli Vanilli released in 1989. It is the European version of Girl You Know It's True, which was in turn the American version of the group's debut album, All or Nothing, which was released in Europe in November 1988.
- "All-or-nothing" a.k.a. "All or Nothing" is the second collaborative album by drum and bass artists Calyx and TeeBee. The album was released on November 5, 2012.
- "All-or-nothing" a.k.a. "All or Nothing" is the third studio album from Christian band Mikeschair, which it is produced by Matt Bronleewe, David Garcia, Ben Glover, Jason Ingram and Rusty Varenkamp, and the album released on April 1, 2014 by Curb Records.
- "All-or-nothing" a.k.a. "All or Nothing" is a 2008 studio album by South African rock band Prime Circle. The album was released on 24 June 2008 under EMI Music South Africa. The album was released internationally along with the All or Nothing Live DVD in 2009. Most of the album was written by the lead singer, Ross Learmonth and bass player Marco Gomes. The album received worldwide recognition and spawned hits such as "She Always Gets What She Wants" and "Consider Me".
All-or-nothing a.k.a. All or Nothing was a British pop punk/hardcore band formed in 2002 and is based in Birmingham, England. The band consists of Tom Chong, Rich Murphy, Paul Foster and Nick Reynolds.
- genres: Pop punk, Punk rock, Hardcore punk, Melodic hardcore
- albums: "Is Pretty Hot Right Now", "Distances"
- official website: www.myspace.com/allornothing
All-or-nothing a.k.a. All or Nothing is a record label.
- All-or-nothing a.k.a. All or nothing is a method of armoring battleships, which involves heavily armoring the areas most important to a ship while the rest of the ship receives significantly less armor. The "all or nothing" concept avoided light or moderate thicknesses of armor: armor was used in the greatest practicable thickness or not at all, thereby providing "either total or negligible protection". Compared to previous armoring systems, "all or nothing" ships had thicker armor covering a smaller proportion of the hull. The ironclad battleship HMS Inflexible launched in 1876 had featured a heavily armored central citadel, with relatively unarmored ends; however, by the era of HMS Dreadnought, battleships were armored over the length of the ship with varying zones of heavy, moderate or light armor. The U.S. Navy adopted what was formally called "all or nothing" armor in the Standard type battleships, starting with the Nevada class laid down in 1912. "All or nothing" armor was later adopted by other navies after the First World War, beginning with the Royal Navy in its Nelson class.
- All-or-nothing a.k.a. All or Nothing is the second studio album by Ukrainian recording artist Jamala.
- All-or-nothing a.k.a. All or Nothing is a song from new wave band Fiction Factory, released in 1984 as the third and final single from the band's debut album, Throw the Warped Wheel Out. The song was written by Kevin Patterson, Eddie Jordan and Chic Medley. It was produced by Alan Rankine.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for All-or-Nothing
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John F. Marshall
all-or-nothing Any financial instrument that pays ...
by Elmar Waibl
all-or-none assumption -> all-or-nothing assumption all-or-nothing assumption s Alles-oder-nichtsAnnahme f (sci) allegorical meaning s gleichnishafte Bedeutung ...
Flip Dictionary (2002)
by Barbara Kipfer
bushed, drained, exhausted, fatigued, pooped, spent, tired, weary all-knowing: omniscient all-male affair: stag all-nighter, pulling an: pernoctation all of ship's men: crew all one's holdings: portfolio all one's possessions: estate all-or-nothing ...
by J. C. Banerjee
All-or-None Law, All-or-Nothing Law: The law indicating ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for All-or-Nothing
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about All-or-Nothing
Photo credit: raymaclean
Video about All-or-Nothing
Video shows what all-or-nothing means. that will either completely succeed or completely fail. All-or-nothing Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
See also the pronunciation examples of All-or-Nothing!
Quotes about All-or-Nothing
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of All-or-Nothing to see it in context!