On this page:
Who is Alla Nazimova?
Alla Nazimova was a Russian-American film and theater actress, a screenwriter, and film producer. She is perhaps best known as simply Nazimova, but also went under the name Alia Nasimoff. She emigrated to the United States from the Russian Empire. In 1927, Nazimova became a naturalized citizen of the United States. She was considered the great exponent of Ibsen on Broadway. She was also influential in the film industry in the silent era and continued to play character roles until the end of her life.
- also known as Mariam Edez Adelaida Leventon, Alia Nasimoff, Nazimova, Mariam Leventon, Miriam Edez Adelaida Leventon, Alla Lavendera, Peter M. Winter, "Madam"
- born on (136 years ago) in Yalta, child of Yakov Leventon and Sonya Horowitz
- nationality: United States of America, Russian Empire
- profession: Pin-up girl, screenwriter, actor, film producer
- died on (70 years ago) in Los Angeles of coronary thrombosis
- read more about Alla Nazimova (actress)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alla Nazimova
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Claude J. Summers
Early Films and the Advent of the Hays Code The private lives of early film stars Alla Nazimova, Greta Garbo, Marlene Dietrich, and Tallulah Bankhead have long been fodder for public speculation and gossip. Many actresses of the 1930s, ...
Sixth Edition by David Thomson
Alla Nazimova (1879–1945), b. Yalta, Russia Eugene O'Neill and Tennessee Williams had one experience in common—they hadbeen transfixed by seeing Nazimova play Ibsen, somuchsothat they reckoned they had never quite confronted ...
by Emmanuel S. Nelson
Alla Nazimova (theater and film actress, scriptwriter, and producer), Gertrude ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alla Nazimova
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Alla Nazimova
Alla Nazimova, Camille
Photo credit: fervent-adepte-de-la-mode
Quotes about Alla Nazimova
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alla Nazimova to find many related words and phrases!