On this page:
Who is Alla Rakha?
Alla Rakha: Ustad Qureshi Alla Rakha Khan, popularly known as Alla Rakha, was an Indian tabla player. He was a frequent accompanist of Ravi Shankar.
- also known as Qureshi Alla Rakha Khan, Allarakha Khan Qureshi, Ustad Alla Rakha Khan
- born on (96 years ago) in Jammu
- ethnicity: Indian people
- nationality: India
- religion: Islam
- profession: Musician
- member of musical group Shankar & Friends
- Marriage with Bavi Begum
- parent of
- died on (15 years ago) in Mumbai of myocardial infarction
- genres: Hindustani classical music, Indian classical music
- albums: "Rich à la Rakha", "India's Master Musicians", "Shared Moments", "Tabla Tradition, Rhythms From India", "Maestro's Choice - Series One - Tabla", "Together", "Drums of India", "India's Legends Best Rhythms", "Flute And Sitar Music Of India", "Tabla Duet", "Memorable Tabla Duet"
- some of the awards:
- Padma Shri
- Sangeet Natak Akademi Award
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alla Rakha
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Scott L. Balthazar
and the tabla player Alla Rakha (1919—2000), and the films of Jean Cocteau. The music of Glass's ...
Encyclopedia of Percussion (2013)
by John H. Beck
Kanai Dutta Laliyana Nanne Kabir Munir “Laliyana” Khan Ahmad Jaan Thirakhwa Amir Hussain Khan Azim Bakhsh Khan Nizamuddin Khan Tanmoy Bose Panjab Lala Bhawani Das Kader Baksh Fakir Baksh Alla Rakha Fazal Qureshi Zakir ...
by Lawrence Goldman
Those who performed included Hindustani maestros of the calibre of the vocalist Salamat Ali Khan, the sarodist Ali Akbar Khan, the tabla player Alla Rakha, and the sitarist Ravi Shankar. Indeed such was McEwen's role in this promulgation ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alla Rakha
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Alla Rakha for some fun with words!