On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of Allahu Akbar
What does Allahu Akbar mean?
- [Islam] The Muslim takbir (proclamation) "God is most great."
- "Allahu Akbar" was the national anthem of the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya from March 2, 1977 to October 20, 2011. Originally an Egyptian military marching song during the Suez Canal War of 1956, it was previously the national anthem of the Libyan Arab Republic beforehand, in use from September 1, 1969 to March 2, 1977.
- music by Uzeyir Hajibeyov
- "Allahu Akbar" is a song written by Lounès Matoub. The song illustrated Matoub's contempt for the use of Islamic religion by the Arabs in order to annihilate the language, the traditions and the will of the Berbers.
"Allahu Akbar" is a 1977 Indian Malayalam film, directed by Moithu Padiyath. The film stars Jayabharathi, Jesey and Vincent in lead roles. The film had musical score by MS Baburaj.
- country: India
- language: Malayalam Language
- starring: Jayabharathi
- music by Baburaj
- genres: Malayalam Cinema, World cinema
- released in (38 years ago)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Allahu Akbar
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Rituals of Faith by Lucinda Mosher
"Allahu akbar is a useful recollection when it comes to race relations, gender issues, or any sort of power struggle," Harris suggests. "Allah akbar says that you may feel like you're being tromped on now, but God is greater than this moment and ...
Symbolism in Terrorism (2014)
Motivation, Communication, and Behavior by Jonathan Matusitz
Allahu Akbar is an Arabic phrase meaning “Allah is greater” or “Allah is [the] greatest.” Today, it is still the mujahedin's most repeated battle cry; it was shouted by the 9/11 hijackers a few seconds before hitting the Twin Towers. Shouted and ...
by Ian Richard Netton
Standing to face the direction of Mecca, the worshipper first raises the hands to the ears and says: Allahu akbar (aGod is greater«). Lowering the arms to meet in front of the body, with the right hand over the left, the worshipper then recites the ...
by Cenap Çakmak
Azan, called five times a day, starts with “Allahu Akbar”; the same phrase is repeated at the end as well. Likewise, iqamah, the second call for prayer subsequent to azan, contains the same words in the same order. It is also necessary to start ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Allahu Akbar
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Allahu Akbar
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Allahu Akbar
Click on an item to play that video:
- The Glazov Gang-The Real Meaning of "Allahu Akbar".
The Glazov Gang-The Real Meaning of "Allahu Akbar". Daniel Greenfield (Shillman Fellow, Freedom Center)
- Real meaning of Allahu Akbar
Very well explained a must watch!
- True meaning of Allahu Akbar
via YouTube Capture.
- Moosa Richardson -The Meaning Of Allahu Akbar
Abul-'Abbaas is a post-graduate student from Umm al-Qura University in Makkah, Saudi Arabia. He graduated from the Faculty of Hadeeth Sciences. His main ...
- Allahu akbar Meaning
Video shows what Allahu akbar means. "God is most great"; the Muslim takbir, or liturgical proclamation, used to accept sovereignty of God and as a common ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Allahu Akbar!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Allahu Akbar to see it in context!