On this page:
- Allan Cunningham was an English botanist and explorer, primarily known for his travels in Australia to collect plants.
- Allan Cunningham was a Scottish poet and author.
- born on (231 years ago) in Keir, Dumfries and Galloway
- nationality: Scotland
- profession: Journalist
- parent of
- died on (172 years ago) in London
- buried in Kensal Green Cemetery
- written works: "The lives of the most eminent British painters and sculptors", "The King of the Peak", "Sir Marmaduke Maxwell", "The Life and Land of Burns", "The cabinet gallery of pictures by the first masters of the English and foreign schools", "The Life Of Sir David Wilkie"
- Allan Cunningham is a 1979 Guggenheim Fellow in Humanities.
- Allan Cunningham is an actor.
- also known as Alan Cunningham
- profession: Actor
- read more about Allan Cunningham (actor)
There are other people with in their name, like Allan Cunningham Anderson.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Allan Cunningham
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
HENRY ALLAN CUNNINGHAM is a son of Thomas W. Cunningham, the oldest lawyer in Missouri, and was born in Saint Charles, this state, October 1, 1838. Further particulars in regard to the family may be found in the sketch of Thomas W.
by Matthew Pilkington
Matthew Pilkington Allan Cunningham. and at the same time to preserve perspicuity in the story, is more difficult than to expand scanty notices into pompous narratives; but the labour becomes more irksome where detail of circumstances is ...
by T.J. Carty
CUNNINGHAM, Peter [1816–69, Scottish topographer and biographer — son of Allan Cunningham above] Abraham Vanderdoort (in Bentley's Miscellany) CUNNINGHAM, ...
Culture in Britain, 1780s-1830s by Laura Dabundo
Allan Cunningham was born inthe parish of Keir, Dumfriesshire, in 1784. The fourth son of a family of.
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology by Umberto Quattrocchi
Australian botanist Allan Cunningham, 1791-1839 (Sydney), botanist in New South Wales (Australia ), ...
by Thomas Thomson
Allan Cunningham (a). Professor John Wilson (a). Rev. Dr. Robert Gordon (a).
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Allan Cunningham
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Allan Cunningham
Allan Cunningham's obelisk
Royal Botanic Gardens in Sydney
Photo credit: Mafue
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Allan Cunningham to find many related words and phrases!