Allan Edwall (actor)
On this page:
Who is Allan Edwall?
Allan Edwall: Johan Allan Edwall was a Swedish actor, director, author, composer and singer, best-known outside Sweden for the small roles he played in some of Ingmar Bergman's films such as Fanny and Alexander. He found his largest audience in the Scandinavian countries for playing lovable characters in several of the film and TV adaptations of the children's stories by Astrid Lindgren. He attended Stockholm's Royal Dramatic Theatre School from 1949–1952. During his long career he appeared in over 400 works. At the 10th Guldbagge Awards in 1974, he won the award for Best Actor for his role in Emil and the Piglet.
- also known as Johan Allan Edwall, Allan Edvall
- born on (90 years ago) in Jämtland, child of Carl Anselm Irenius Olsson Edvall and Magdalena Edvall
- ethnicity: Swedes
- nationality: Sweden
- profession: Screenwriter, film director, actor, composer, singer, author, television director, lyricist
- Marriage with Britt Edwall between and (8 years)
- parent of
- died on (18 years ago) in Stockholm of prostate cancer
- albums: "Den lilla bäcken", "Edwalls blandning", "Allans allra bästa", "Aftonro", "Mina visor 1", "Mina visor 2", "Mina visor 3"
- written work: "Doktor Glas"
- played Otto (Brevbärare) in "The Sacrifice"
- played Algot Frövik in "Winter Light"
- played Mattias in "The Brothers Lionheart"
- played Prospero (Voice) in "The Journey to Melonia"
- "When the Woman Butts In"
- played Principal Godeman in "Åke and His World"
- played Danjel in "The Emigrants"
- played Danjel in "The New Land"
- played August (Flottare) in "Here is Your Life"
- "The Bookseller Who Gave Up Bathing"
- played Oscar Ekdahl in "Fanny and Alexander"
- played Beggar in "The Virgin Spring"
- played Anton Svensson in "Emil i Lönneberga"
- played Oskar in "Rasmus and the Tramp"
- played Anton Svensson in "Emil and the Piglet"
- played Anton Svensson in "New Mischief by Emil"
- "My Home Is Copacabana"
- played Tor (den syke matrosen) in "We Are All Demons"
- played Skalle-Per in "Ronia, the Robber's Daughter"
- played Herr Nilsson in "Madicken på Junibacken"
- played Herr Nilsson in "Du är inte klok, Madicken"
- played The ear demon in "The Devil's Eye"
- played Thorsson, receptionist in "Tuppen"
- played Elvis' Grandfather in "Elvis! Elvis!"
- played Jillker in "All These Women"
- played Banvakten in "4x4"
- played Persson in "To Be a Millionaire"
- played Markel in "Games of Love and Loneliness"
- films written:
- films directed:
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Allan Edwall (actor)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Allan Edwall for some fun with words!