On this page:
- Allan Jones was an American actor and tenor. For many years he was married to actress Irene Hervey; their son is American pop singer Jack Jones.
- Allan Jones: Allan Arthur Jones is an English cricket umpire and a retired cricketer. When he joined Glamorgan in 1980 he became the first cricketer to represent four English first-class counties.
- Allan Jones: Allan Frewin Jones is the English author of over 90 books for children and young adults. He has published under the alternate names: Fiona Kelly, A F Jones, Frewin Jones, Damien Graves, Adam Blade, Nick Shadow, and Allan Jones.
- also known as Allan Frewin Jones, Frewin Jones, Damien Graves
- born on (61 years ago) in London
- written works: "Millions of Lisa", "Tommy and the Sloth", "The Cost of Going Free", "Rabbit Back and Doubled", "The great sister war", "The Mooncake of Chang-O", "The Weird Eyes File", "Wishing Bird and Co", "Half-Good Samaritan", "The Tears of Isis", "Durch Mark und Bein", "The Monk's Curse", "Writing for children and getting published", "THE MOLE AND BEVERLEY MILLER Large Print", "Yo Soy Mi Hermana", "The Elephant of Parvati", "The Phantom Airman", "Unquiet Graves", "Anna's Birthday Adventure", "The Amulet of Quilla", "NEW STACY", "STACY AND FRIENDS 6", "MY SISTER, MY SLAVE", "STACY THE MATCHMAKER", "SISTER SWITCH", "Talisman", "The Faerie Path", "The Lost Queen", "The Sorcerer King", "The Immortal Realm", "Liar", "Cat Lady", "Shut Your Mouth", "Blood and Sand", "I Can See You", "End Game", "No Escape", "Voices (Midnight Library)", "Dream Demon", "The Whisperer", "The Catch", "Blind Witness"
- Allan Jones: William Allan Jones Jr. is an American businessman from Cleveland, Tennessee. He is the founder, chairman and CEO of Check Into Cash, Creditcorp, Jones Management Services and the founder of the Community Financial Services Association.
- Allan Jones is a British music journalist and editor. Following graduation, Jones took a job in the stock room of Hatchards on Piccadilly. While there he applied for a writing opening at the rock weekly Melody Maker with a letter that concluded, "Melody Maker needs a bullet up its arse. I’m the gun – pull the trigger". He joined the staff in 1974, became editor ten years later. Jones was described on stage by Roger Waters as a "stupid shit" after writing a scathing review of Pink Floyd's The Wall show at Earls Court Exhibition Centre. During his tenure, Melody Maker provided early publicity for bands ranging from The Stone Roses to Pearl Jam. One of Jones's most significant early decisions was to resist the publisher's instruction to put Kajagoogoo on the cover; instead, Jones chose The Smiths.
- profession: Writer, journalist, editor
- Allan Jones is an English association football coach who managed the New Zealand national football team.
- born in England
- Allan Jones MBE, is an engineer who pioneered Combined Heat and Power, renewable energy and fuel cell systems in the United Kingdom and Australia from 1990 to the present.
- born in Dartford
- Allan Jones was a Welsh professional footballer who played as a full back. He is best remembered for the seven years he spent in the Football League with Brentford, making over 280 appearances for the club.
- born on (76 years ago)
- Allan Jones is a member of the musical group Space.
- also known as Al Jones
- profession: Drummer
- member of musical group Space (Drums) since
- Allan Jones was manager of the English football club Darlington in 1972.
- born in England
- Allan Jones is a film producer.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Allan Jones
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Nand Kumar Fageria, Virupax C. Baligar, Charles Allan Jones
CHARLES ALLAN JONES is an Associate Director and a Professor, the Texas Agricultural Experiment Station, College Station, Texas. The author or coauthor of several books and over 90 book chapters, journal articles, and abstracts, Dr.
by Colin Larkin
John Allan Jones, 14 January 1938, Los Angeles, California, USA. A popular singer from the early 60s, Jones has one of the finest, and most versatile, light baritone voices in easy listening popular music. The son of actress Irene Hervey and ...
by Thomas S. Hischak
Mitzi Grahame, Gloria Grayson, Kathryn Greenwood, Charlotte Hall, Juanita Halliday, Robert Haney, Carol Hayes, Bill Haymes, Dick Henderson, Florence Holm, Celeste Johnson, William Jolson, Al Jones, Allan Jones, Shirley Kaye, Danny ...
by Robert Andrews
Allan Jones, 1994) 5Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds. 'Redemption Song' (song) on the album ...
by Lol Henderson, Lee Stacey
Allan Jones' solo recording of that song ...
The Jerome Kern Encyclopedia (2013)
by Thomas S. Hischak
Amorous Jim Moore (Allan Jones) serenaded Cynthia Merrick (Nancy Kelly) with the pleasing song on board a cruise ship. Kern's flowing melody was also heard under the opening credits and as background at various times throughout the ...
by Vincent Terrace
Judge: Edgar Allan Jones, Jr. Bailiff: Frank Chandler McClure. Court Clerk: Samuel Whitson.
Ali Baba to Zombies by R. G. Young
W: Martha Raye, Allan Jones, Rosemary Lane, Joe Penner, Irene Hervey, Charles Butterworth, Alan Mowbray D: A. Edward Sutherland SCR: Leonard Spigelgass, Charles Grayson & Paul Gerard Smith, from George Abbott's play PHOTOG: ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Allan Jones
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Allan Jones
Allan Jones and students
Former PSNI officer Allan Jones explains to students about crowd control in Northern Ireland
Photo credit: RobinAKirk
Anagrams of ALLAN JONES
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Allan Jones!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Allan Jones to find many related words and phrases!