On this page:
Definition of the noun alleghany plum
What does alleghany plum mean as a name of something?
- wild plum of northeastern United States having dark purple fruits with yellow flesh
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Prunus alleghaniensis alleghaniensis / variety Prunus alleghaniensis alleghaniensis / Prunus alleghaniensis
- synonyms of Alleghany plum: Allegheny plum / sloe
- more generic terms: wild plum / wild plum tree = an uncultivated plum tree or shrub
- part: sloe = small sour dark purple fruit of especially the Allegheny plum bush
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alleghany plum
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Volume 1: North America by M.M. Grandtner
exfdfr e Allegheny plum; Alleghany plum, Alleghany-plum, Allegheny sloe, northern sloe, sloe, sloe plum f prunier des Alleghanys 6274 Prunus americanaMarshall Rosaceae M North America (Canada: S Saskatchewan to S Ontario; ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alleghany plum
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alleghany plum to find many related words and phrases!