On this page:
- Definition of the noun Alleluia
- Other definitions of Alleluia
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alleluia
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alleluia
- Photos about Alleluia
- Video language resources about Alleluia
- Sign language
- Scrabble value of A1L1L1E1L1U1I1A1
- Anagrams of ALLELUIA
- Share this page
Definition of the noun Alleluia
What does Alleluia mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: alleluias
- A liturgical form of hallelujah.
- [music] A choral composition incorporating alleluia in its text.
Other definitions of Alleluia
What does Alleluia also mean?
- A liturgical or variant form of hallelujah.
"Alleluia" is a 2014 Belgian-French drama film directed by Fabrice Du Welz. It was screened as part of the Directors' Fortnight section at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival.
- countries: France, Belgium
- language: French
- producers: Clement Miserez, Vincent Tavier, Matthieu Warter
- art direction by Manu de Meulemeester
- written by Fabrice Du Welz, Vincent Tavier, Romain Protat
- cinematography by Manuel Dacosse
- edited by Anne-Laure Guégan
- costume design by Christophe Pidre & Florence Scholtes
- genres: Drama, Thriller, Crime Fiction
- released on
- official website: www.alleluia-lefilm.com
- "Alleluia" is a piece for unaccompanied SATB chorus by Randall Thompson. Composed over the first five days of July in 1940, it was given its world premiere on July 8 of that year at the Berkshire Music Center at Tanglewood under the direction of G. Wallace Woodworth.
- music by Randall Thompson
- "Alleluia" is a composition.
- "Alleluia" is a musical album of Giovanni Antonini, Il Giardino Armonico, Julia Lezhneva.
- released on
- "Alleluia" is a musical EP of Sœur Sourire.
- released in (52 years ago)
Alleluia is a record label.
- Alleluia: The word "Alleluia" or "Hallelujah", which literally means "Praise ye Yah" or "Praise Jah, you people", is used in different ways in Christian liturgies. "Praise Jah" is a short form of "Praise Yahweh", or of "praise ye Jehovah".
- Alleluia is a cataloged instance, musical recording, canonical version.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alleluia
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Holy Words (1997)
What Do They Mean? : Key Words of Faith by David P. Rebeck
Alleluia = praise the LORD See Halleluia. Alleluia is an English way ...
The Eucharistic Celebration (1994)
The Source and Summit of Faith by Adolf Adam
Alleluia is a Hebrew word meaning "Praise Yahweh" and originated in Jewish worship. In all Christian liturgical rites, it is addressed to the risen Lord, corresponding to Revelation 19:1-7. Since it is such an Easter cry of homage, it is given a ...
The Advent Project (2000)
The Later Seventh-Century Creation of the Roman Mass Proper by James W. McKinnon
the gradual is omitted and two alleluias are sung. ORIGINS Alleluia is a Hebrew exclamation meaning "praise God." 3 It was appended to ...
Morning and Evening Prayer by Christopher L. Webber
The word Alleluia is a Christianized version of the Hebrew word Hallelujah (still used, of course, by Christians also and used in the 1979 Prayer Book version of the psalms), meaning "praise God." This word is traditionally never used in Lent ...
Amazing Grace (2002)
366 Inspiring Hymn Stories for Daily Devotions by Kenneth W. Osbeck
Monk used the first two phrases, repeated the first phrase and added original alleluias for the beginning and the end. (Alleluia is a Latin form of the Hebrew Hallelujah, ...
A Guide to the Mass by Francis Randolph
Because Alleluia is a joyful resurrection-sort of shout, ...
ALLELUIA, BURIAL OF. This ceremony is alluded to in Anglia Sacra," and by Selden or Eadmer", and was styled Alleluaticae Erequiae. The Alleluia was suspended just before the Octaves of Easter, and interred, of which one mode was this.
Kids' Bible Dictionary (2009)
by Jean Fischer
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alleluia
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alleluia
Click on an item to view that photo:
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Photo credit: carib0u
Photo credit: michael_swan
Photo credit: jpockele
Colorful performance by Fiesta Dancers
Photo credit: Damian Gadal
Photo credit: Dick Penn
Photo credit: LongitudeLatitude
Easter Vigil, Holy Cross Monastery, West Park, New York
Photo credit: Randy OHC
Photo credit: laverrue
Photo credit: goforchris
- Alleluia with lillies
Photo credit: plymouthchurchbrooklyn
- Alleluia Restaurant
Photo credit: NicestAlan
- Polling Station, Alleluia!
Nice mixture of politics and religion.
Photo credit: Thomas Guest
- Bathroom Alleluia B&B
Photo credit: exfordy
- Christ is Risen! Alleluia!
Photo credit: bato93
- Easter Lilie with Alleluia
He is risen at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Thousand Oaks, CA
Photo credit: Howard O. Young
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Alleluia
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Alleluia!
Alleluia, Alleluia w/Sign Language | Encounter Revival Team | 2013-2014 Team
at Calvary Grace Brethren Church October 2013.
Scrabble value of A1L1L1E1L1U1I1A1
The value of this 8-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALLELUIA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alleluia!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alleluia to see it in context!