Allen appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Nella, demand a lad named Allen.
- Allen's simple yelp: "Miss Nella!"
- Nella won't set a test now, Allen.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun allen
- Phrases with Allen
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Allen
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Allen
- Photos about Allen
- Videos about Allen
- Sign language
- Quotes about Allen
- Scrabble value of A1L1L1E1N1
- Anagrams of ALLEN
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun allen
What does allen mean as a name of something?
- United States comedienne remembered as the confused but imperturbable partner of her husband, George Burns (1906-1964)
- a soldier of the American Revolution whose troops helped capture Fort Ticonderoga from the British (1738-1789)
- Allen is a city in Collin County, Texas, a northern suburb of Dallas. As of the 2010 United States Census, the city had a total population of 84,246.
- Allen is a village in Hillsdale County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 191 at the 2010 census.
- Allen is a town in Hughes and Pontotoc counties in the U.S. state of Oklahoma. The population was 932 at the 2010 census.
- Allen is a 6th-class city in Floyd County, Kentucky, in the United States. The population was 150 at the 2000 census.
- Allen is a village in Dixon County, Nebraska, United States. It is part of the Sioux City, IA–NE–SD Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 377 at the 2010 census.
- Allen is a city in Lyon County, Kansas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 177. It is part of the Emporia Micropolitan Statistical Area.
- Allen is a city in the province of Río Negro, Argentina. It has 26,083 inhabitants as per the 2001 census [INDEC]. It is located on the left-hand side of the Alto Valle of the Río Negro, near its beginning in the confluence of the Neuquén and Limay rivers, about 20 km west of General Roca and 35 km east of Neuquén.
- Allen is a fifth class municipality located in the north western tip of the province of Northern Samar, the northern province among the three provinces comprising Samar Island. The island of Samar is located in the central eastern portion of the Philippines, in the group of central islands known as the Visayas.
- Allen is a town in Allegany County, New York, United States. The population was 448 at the 2010 census. The town is named after Ethan Allen.
- Allen is an unincorporated community in the town of Clear Creek in Eau Claire County, Wisconsin, United States. It lies almost exactly midway between Cleghorn and Foster, at the southern junction of Eau Claire County Highways "D" and "V".
- Allen a.k.a. Allen, California: Allen is an unincorporated community in Amador County, California. It is located on the Bear River, at an elevation of 8,113 feet.
- read more about Allen, California
- Allen a.k.a. Allen, Louisiana: Allen is an unincorporated community in Natchitoches Parish, Louisiana, United States. It is located approximately 11 miles northwest of Natchitoches near the intersection of Interstate 49 and Louisiana Highway 485.
- read more about Allen, Louisiana
- Allen a.k.a. Allen, Mississippi: Allen is an unincorporated community in Quitman County, Mississippi. Allen is located on the Tallahatchie River, southeast of Lambert.
- read more about Allen, Mississippi
- Allen is a settlement in Cornwall, United Kingdom. It is not to be confused with Allen, Dorset.
There are other places with in their name, like Allen Hall, Allen Lane, Allen Park, Allen Rock, Fort Allen, Glen Allen, Port Allen, Allen Grove, Allen Hotel, Allen Point, Mount Allen, Allen Center, Allen County, Allen Parish, Allen's Green, Allen's Grove, Allen Junction, Allen Township, Allen Fieldhouse and Allen University.
Phrases with Allen
Phrases starting with the word Allen:
- Allen Key
- Allen Bolt
- allen tate
- allen screw
- allen wrench
- allen ginsberg
- Allen's Olingo
- Allen Buttercup
- Allen's Anchovy
- Allen's Verbena
- Allen's Woodrat
- Allen's Chipmunk
- Allen's Squirrel
- Allen's Buttercup
- Allen's Gallinule
- Allen's Cay Iguana
Phrases ending with the word Allen:
Other phrase containing the word Allen:
View more phrases with the word Allen in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Allen
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Academy and Literature (1904)
Allen is an inspired reader of Earth. Like the late Frank Norris,
by Khan, Khaled M.
Julia Allen is a senior researcher within the CERT® Program at the Software Engineering Institute (SEI), a unit of Carnegie Mellon...
Allen is the author of The CERT Guide to System and Network Security Practices (Addison-Wesley 2001) and ...
Investment Risk Management (2015)
by H. Kent Baker, Greg Filbeck
Allen is an Adjunct Professor in the Centre for Applied Financial Studies at the University of South Australia and a...
Professor Allen is the author of three monographs and more than 90 refereed publications on a diverse range of ...
Financing the Future (2010)
Market-Based Innovations for Growth by Franklin Allen, Glenn Yago
Franklin Allen is the Nippon Life Professor of Finance and Professor of Economics at the Wharton School of the University of...
Allen is a past president of the American Finance Association, the Western Finance Association, the Society for ...
by C. Warren Axelrod, Jennifer L. Bayuk, Daniel Schutzer
Allen is a senior member of the technical staff within the CERT Program at the Software Engineering Institute (SEI),
Allen is the author of The CERT Guide to System and Network ...
Independent Woman (1921)
Judge Allen is a prodigious worker and an outdoor woman.
Darwin's Nemesis (2006)
Phillip Johnson and the Intelligent Design Movement by William A. Dembski
Allen is a senior research scientist and adjunct professor at the Center for Computational Chemistry at the University...
Allen is an expert in fundamental theories and large-scale computational applications of molecular quantum ...
Ode to the Cold War (1997)
Poems New and Selected by Dick Allen
Dick Allen is a leading member of "the transition generation" of American poets who were born between the late 1930s and...
Allen is the author or editor of nine previous books, including the National Book Critics Circle Award Final Nominee, ...
by Randall Herbert Balmer
Allen Alexander, Joseph Addison (1809-1860) The son of *ARCHIBALD ALEXANDER, the founder of Princeton Theological Seminary, Joseph Addison Alexander was a precocious child who learned to read the Old Testament in original ...
by Jeffrey D. Schultz, John G. West, Iain S. MacLean
Ethan Allen (1738-1789) Shouting "In the name of the Great Jehovah and the Continental Congress," Ethan ...
by Keir Brooks Sterling
ALLEN, JOEL ASAPH MAJOR CONTRIBUTIONS Preeminent ornithological educator for aspiring professionals and dedicated amateurs for over half a century. Established outstanding ornithological research and training facility at Cornell.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Allen
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Allen
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Tim Pierce
Photo credit: anaulin
- Woody Allen
Photo credit: Colin Swan
- Allen Iverson
Photo credit: Keith Allison
- Allen Iverson
Photo credit: Keith Allison
- Dwayne Allen
Photo credit: PDA.PHOTO
- Allen relative
Photo credit: O En
- Bobby Allen
Photo by Ted Van Pelt
Photo credit: Ted Van Pelt
- Allen Patrick
Photo credit: Keith Allison
- Sarah Allen
With Mike Scott and the Waterboys.
Photo credit: candyschwartz
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Allen
Click on an item to play that video:
- Downton's Allen Leech explains his definition of crack
Known for his role on 'Downton Abbey,' actor Allen Leech sits down with USA TODAY to talk about his next role in 'The Imitation Game' and teaches us another ...
- Vocabulary Parade - Allen
- The meaning for you Allen :)
- John Lawrence Allen - Global Reset: Definition
- Allen Proctor - The New Definition of a Successful Nonprofit
CEO/Trustee Dinner - 2012 Minnesota Council of Nonprofits and the Minnesota Council on Foundations Joint Conference St. Paul Rivercentre St. Paul, ...
- Allen's Web Page Explanation on Self Reflection
- DEFinition presents: HARRY ALLEN
Media Assassin Harry Allen: " Hip Hop was created out of fallow ground."
- Allen Financial Advisor - Meaning That Isn't There
- Allen Reichard Brand Definition
- Douglas Honor band Edgar Allen Poe explanation
- 7th Grade spelling and vocabulary quiz / Ms. Allen's 7th Gr
- Allen, Regional Dialect Meme.
- Kids From Fame TV Series Body Language Debbie Allen
- Debbie Allen & The Kids From Fame - "Body Language"
This is a very rare clip showing the cast of the 1980s TV show "Fame" dancing during a Christmas special which aired back in the early 1980s. The lead dancer ...
- Tsimshian Language, Ketchikan Alaska. Gloria Allen is interviewed
Oral History Project, Ketchikan Indian Community, Language Program. In 1996, the late Gloria Allen agreed to be interviewed as part of KIC's language ...
- VitaSecrets - Dr.Allen ( Product Description 2 )
Vitasecrets dietary supplements are scientifically formulated and manufactured by FDA approved laboratories to return strength and vitality to people weakened ...
- Allen Pease : The important of body language
SkyQuestCom offers you an unlimited use of 300 powerful online video seminars featuring the world's best speakers: Robert Kiyosaki Brian Tracy Antonio Inoki ...
- Bo Allen - TV Guise Description
- Body Language Live THe Kids From Fame - Debbie Allen
- Digital Sack Lunch: Owen Allen, Metadata, Natural Language Processing, and SharePoint
Christian Buckley (@buckleyplanet) talks with Owen Allen (@owenallen), VP of Solutions at Pingar about the difficulties in capturing metadata in SharePoint, ...
- 2013 10 28 Allen Language Evaluator
- Allen Maghagak - Use It Or Lose It: Inuit Language & Education
Allen Maghagak (Nunavut) speaking at the ITK 40th anniversary conference, "From Eskimo to Inuit in 40 Years" on the topic of Inuit language and education.
View more videos about Allen Key, Tom Allen, Wes Allen, Alex Allen, Allen bolt, Allen Rose, Allen West, Dale Allen, Fort Allen, Paul Allen, Allen Doyle, Allen screw, David Allen, Larry Allen, Leigh Allen, Woody Allen, Allen wrench, Ashton Allen, Allen Iverson, Barbara Allen, Allen Vizzutti, Margaret Allen, and Van Allen radiation belt.
See also the pronunciation examples of Allen!
Kayden Allen signing in sign language year one ASL
Quotes about Allen
Scrabble value of A1L1L1E1N1
The value of this 5-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALLEN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Allen!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Allen to see it in context!