On this page:
Who is Allen Guttmann?
Allen Guttmann is a 1981 Guggenheim Fellow in Humanities.
- born on (82 years ago) in Chicago
- nationality: United States of America
- education: PhD (American studies) at University of Minnesota between and (5 years)
- written works: "A whole new ball game", "The Jewish writer in America", "The erotic in sports", "Communism, the courts, and the Constitution", "The conservative tradition in America", "States' rights and Indian removal", "Korea and the theory of limited war", "The games must go on", "Games and empires", "The Olympics, a history of the modern games", "Japanese Sports", "American neutrality and the Spanish Civil War", "Korea: cold war and limited war", "The wound in the heart", "From ritual to record"
- award: - Guggenheim Fellowship for Humanities, US & Canada (American Literature)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Allen Guttmann
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of leadership (2004)
A-E by George R. Goethals, Georgia Jones Sorenson, James MacGregor Burns
—Allen Guttmann See also Modern Olympics Movement Further Reading De Coubertin, P. (1979). Olympic memoirs.
by Tony Collins, John Martin, Wray Vamplew
Allen Guttmann (1978), who analysed the modernisation process of sport, has distinguished seven characteristics of modern sports, ...
4 Volume Set by Bonnie G. Smith
ALLEN GUTTMANN ONE THOUSAND AND ONE NIGHTS. One Thousand and One Nights, known in the West as the Arabian Nights, probably originated as an oral collection of stories in India, then migrated to Iran, Iraq, Syria, and Egypt, with ...
by Bill Mallon, Jeroen Heijmans
See either Allen Guttmann, The Olympics: A History of the Modern Games ...
by Emmanuel Sampath Nelson
Malen, and eight more scholars on the editorial board: Stanley Cooperman, Leslie Fiedler, Sheldon Grebstein, Allen Guttmann, Irving Howe, Moses Rischin, Ronald Sanders, and Lillian Schlissel. In 1981 State University of New York Press ...
Volume 1: Religion by Samuel S. Hill
Whittier College Allen Guttmann, A Whole New Ball Game: An Interpretation of American Sports ( ); Tony Ladd and James A. Mathisen, Muscular Christianity : Evangelical Protestants and the Development of American Sport ( ); Ted ...
by Roger Bartlett, Chris Gratton, Christer G. Rolf
Hedstrom Art Allen Guttmann Arthroscopic Surgery Christer Rolf Asian Games Munehiko Harada Asian sports Munehiko Harada Asset-based securitizations ( ABS) ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Allen Guttmann
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Allen Guttmann for some fun with words!