On this page:
Who is Allen Moyer?
Allen Moyer is an American set designer particularly known for his work in operas and Broadway musicals. He grew up in Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania and holds a BA from the Pennsylvania State University and a MFA degree from New York University's Tisch School of the Arts where he studied under John Conklin. His designs have appeared in celebrated productions at the New York City Opera, the San Francisco Opera, the Santa Fe Opera, the Opera Theatre of Saint Louis, and the Seattle Opera. He notably staged the world premiere of Stewart Wallace's Harvey Milk at the Houston Grand Opera in 1995 and the world premiere of Ricky Ian Gordon's The Grapes of Wrath at the Minnesota Opera in 2007. He designed his first set for the Metropolitan Opera for their new production of Gluck's Orfeo ed Euridice which premiered on May 2, 2007.
- born in (57 years ago)
- nationality: United States of America
- education: New York University
- profession: Set designer, production designer
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Set Design of a Play - "That Championship Season"
- nominated to Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Set Design - "The Dazzle"
- nominated to Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Set Design of a Musical - "Grey Gardens"
- nominated to Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Set Design - "Grey Gardens"
- Obie Award for Sustained Excellence of Set Design
- nominated to Tony Award for Best Scenic Design of a Musical - "Grey Gardens"
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Allen Moyer
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Peter R. Eisenstadt, Laura-Eve Moss
Thomas Motor Co Fiat Automobile Works Franklin Automobile Co Griffith Motors Harvey Allen Moyer James Cunningham ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Allen Moyer
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Allen Moyer for some fun with words!