On this page:
Who is Allen Weinstein?
Allen Weinstein is an American historian, educator, and federal official who has served in several different offices. He served as the Archivist of the United States from February 16, 2005 until his resignation on December 19, 2008. After his resignation, he returned to the International Foundation for Electoral Systems as the election organization's senior strategist and to the University of Maryland as a history professor.
- born on (78 years ago) in New York City
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Historian, educator, professor, archivist, author
- written works: "Prelude to Populism", "The Haunted Wood: Soviet Espionage in America --The Stalin Era", "The segregation era, 1863-1954", "The story of America", "Freedom and crisis", "Origins of modern America, 1860-1900", "Perjury: The Hiss–Chambers Case"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Edgar Award for Best Fact Crime - "Perjury: The Hiss–Chambers Case"
- nominated to National Book Award for History (Paperback) - "Perjury: The Hiss–Chambers Case"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Allen Weinstein
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Allen Weinstein
oday, Allen Weinstein is a selfmade man, a man who acquired success in life despite handicaps that might have left him a street derelict. In the crucible of our public education system, Allen had never been given much of a chance to succeed.
An Encyclopedia of American Espionage by Glenn Peter Hastedt
Hitchcock, Ethan Allen Weinstein, Allen. Perjury: The Hiss-Chambers Case. New York: Random House, 1997. White, G. Edward. Alger Hiss' Looking-Glass Wars: The Covert Life of a Secret Spy. New York: Oxford University Press, 2004.
by Nigel West
Allen Weinstein (The Haunted Wood), Alexander Vassiliev (Spies), Hayden Peake (OSS and the Venona Decrypts), Eric Breindel and Herbert Romerstein (The Venona Secrets), ...
Second Edition by Kenneth T. Jackson, Lisa Keller, Nancy Flood
Allen Weinstein, Perjury: The ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Allen Weinstein
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Allen Weinstein
Then as now, whatever disagreements over policies existed among Americans - and there were many such bitter policy disputes - the purposes and goals for which Americans fought were clearly understood. (Allen Weinstein)
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Allen Weinstein for some fun with words!