On this page:
- Allentown is a city located in Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, United States. It is Pennsylvania's third most populous city, after Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, and the 224th largest city in the United States.
- Allentown is a borough in Monmouth County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the borough's population was 1,828, reflecting a decline of 54 from the 1,882 counted in the 2000 Census, which had in turn increased by 54 from the 1,828 counted in the 1990 Census.
- Allentown is a town in Bleckley, Laurens, Twiggs, and Wilkinson Counties in the U.S. state of Georgia, although primarily in Wilkinson County. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 169. The Twiggs County portion is part of the Macon Metropolitan Statistical Area, while the Laurens County portion is part of the Dublin Micropolitan Statistical Area. The remaining Wilkinson and Bleckley County portions are not part of any metropolitan or micropolitan area.
- Allentown is a neighborhood of Tukwila, Washington, on the Duwamish River. It is situated between the Rainier View neighborhood of southern Seattle and the Boulevard Park neighborhood of unincorporated King County.
- Allentown a.k.a. Allentown, Illinois: Allentown is an unincorporated community in Tazewell County, Illinois, United States. Allentown is 2.5 miles northwest of Mackinaw.
- read more about Allentown, Illinois
- Allentown a.k.a. Allentown, Virginia: Allentown is an unincorporated community in Accomack County, Virginia.
- read more about Allentown, Virginia
There are other places with in their name, like Allentown Symphony Hall.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Allentown
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Allentown is a farming community; the soil is good, and a wide range of produce is raised and marketed on the outlying farms. The principal articles are corn, wheat, rye, oats, potatoes and hay. Land in practically Unlimited quantities may be ...
Mining and Engineering World (1906)
Allentown is a city of about 40,000 inhabitants and is noted for its manufacturing resources, regarding both raw material and finished products. There are iron furnaces making pig iron direct from the ore, and many foundries and machine ...
Muhlenberg College 2012 (2011)
by Sarah Weber, Michelle Hein
Allentown, PA Allentown is a nice city with a decent amount of things to do. Everything you need shopping and entertainment-wise is within a 5-15 minute driving distance from school. Unfortunately, public transportation is basically ...
by Anne Newport Royall
Allentown is a very handsome ...
Pennsylvania Breweries (2010)
by Lew Bryson
“Allentown is a different cat,” said brewmas- cent, but there you are. It's ter Beau Baden, comparing the two sites. “It's actu- sweet and bitter, light and solid. The bitterness is intense ally a slower downtown than Bethlehem. They want to rev that ...
by Randall Gabrielan
Allentown is a former market town, squeezed for space, which has had to reinvent itself as mercantile practices have ...
The Encyclopaedia Britannica (1910)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information by Hugh Chisholm
Allentown is an important manufacturing centre, and the value of its manufactured products increased oo-o % from ...
Allentown Preparatory School and Muhlenberg Academy, Allentown, Pa. Cf. "21. p. 727. f Shalter, Irvin M., A.M., 1905, Principal, Mathematics, Modern Can uage. * Ettinger, George T. *Fasig, Albert C. * Fitzgerald, William H. "Fritch, Robert R.
Volume 32 - Offshore Production Platform: Utility Systems to Optimization Techniques: Joint Process Units and Utility System by John J. McKetta Jr
Allentown, PA ...
Encyclopedia of New Jersey (2004)
by Maxine N. Lurie, Marc Mappen
Allentown is the location of an important Georgian building, the 178" John lmlay House at 2B Souih Main Street, and the town was home to a number of notable figures. Foremost was William A. Newell, a physician who served as governor of ...
ALLENTOWN. A city and the county-seat of Lehigh Co., Pa., 50 miles (direct) northwest of Philadelphia, on the Lehigh River, the Lehigh Canal, and on the Lehigh ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Allentown
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Allentown
Click on an item to view that photo:
Videos about Allentown
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Allentown!
Scrabble value of A1L1L1E1N1T1O1W4N1
The value of this 9-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Allentown to see it in context!