On this page:
- "Allergies" is a musical single of The Lovely Eggs.
- released in (4 years ago)
- "Allergies" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Paul Simon
- Allergies a.k.a. Allergy: An allergy is a hypersensitivity disorder of the immune system. Symptoms include red eyes, itchiness, and runny nose, eczema, hives, or an asthma attack. Allergies can play a major role in conditions such as asthma. In some people, severe allergies to environmental or dietary allergens or to medication may result in life-threatening reactions called anaphylaxis. Food allergies and reactions to the venom of stinging insects such as wasps and bees are more often associated with these severe reactions. Not all reactions or intolerances are forms of allergy.
- read more about Allergy
- Allergies is a 2013 Telly Award winning ad, created by RD&F Advertising for CareNow.
- award: - Telly Award for Local TV & Local Cable Commercial - Health and Wellness, received by RD&F Advertising
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Allergies
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Myles' Textbook for Midwives (2014)
by Jayne E. Marshall, Maureen D. Raynor
Milks for babies intolerant of standard formulae Predicting which babies will be prone to allergies is an inexact science. It is estimated that the likelihood of a baby being predisposed to allergy is about 20–35% if one parent is affected, 40– 60% ...
by Carol Turkington, Jeffrey S. Dover
food reactions Allergies to certain foods can cause a wide range of reactions in up to 7 percent of the population, including specific skin symptoms such as ITCHING, HIVES, and swelling.
by Carolyn Chambers Clark, EdD, ARNP,FAAN
ALLERGIES An allergy ...
by Andrew Smith
Food allergies affect about 4 percent of teens and adults, and up to 8 percent of children, mostly involving peanuts, tree nuts, soy, wheat, fish, or shellfish, but the actual number may be higher. Researchers estimate that for every case that is re- ...
by Sarah E. Boslaugh
Drug allergies are an adverse reaction to a drug caused by an allergic reaction, a set of chemical steps in the body caused by sensitivity to an allergen. Drug allergies can be caused by almost any drug, although allergic reactions are more ...
An Encyclopedia of What We Love to Eat by Andrew F. Smith
While physicians report that peanut allergies are on the rise, there is no epidemiologic evidence to indicate why.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Allergies
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Allergies
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: 46137
Photo credit: shawnzrossi
Photo credit: alex_why
Photo credit: daniel.bryan
If you never had allergies in your life you do now.
Photo credit: VMPastore
Photo credit: mikequozl
ahhh Spring in the city!
Photo credit: flickr420
Photo credit: allaboutgeorge
Allergic shiners, and then some
Photo credit: Care_SMC
- Treatment of Dust Mite Allergies
A little precaution can save you from a lot of pain and discomfort if you have been suffering from dust mite allergies.
Photo credit: Adams999
- Allergies suck
Photo credit: emmajanehw
View more pictures about Food allergies.
Video language resources about Allergies
Click on an item to play that video:
- Allergies - Explanation of Allergies
- Books of Allergies and Aversions Their Psychological Meaning
- Adam - springtime allergies and language processing
Adam is a young ASD adult with limited verbal language who uses drawing for communication and learning. In the springtime, he shows traditional allergic ...
View more videos about Food allergies.
See also the pronunciation examples of Allergies!
Scrabble value of A1L1L1E1R1G2I1E1S1
The value of this 9-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALLERGIES
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Allergies!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Allergies to see it in context!