On this page:
Definition of the noun allice shad
What does allice shad mean as a name of something?
- European shad
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific names: Alausa vulgaris / species Alausa vulgaris / Alosa alosa alosa / subspecies Alosa alosa alosa / Alosa communis / species Alosa communis / Alosa cuvieri / species Alosa cuvieri / Alosa rusa / species Alosa rusa / Alosa vulgaris / species Alosa vulgaris / Clupea alosa / species Clupea alosa / Clupea alosa elongata / variety Clupea alosa elongata / Alosa alosa
- synonyms of allice shad: allice / allis / allis shad
- more generic word: shad = herring-like food fishes that migrate from the sea to fresh water to spawn
- geographic area: Africa, Eastern Atlantic Ocean, Europe & Northern Asia (excluding China)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Allice Shad
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by OECD: Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
Also called ALLICE SHAD, + ALEWIFE, ROCK HERRING Marketed canned in France.
An Exhaustive Dictionary of the English Language : Practical and Comprehensive : Giving the Fullest Definition (encyclopedic in Detail), the Origin, Pronunciation and Use of Words by Robert Hunter, Edward Thomas Roe, Le Roy Hooker, Thomas W. Handford
Allice shad (Alosa communis): The name of a fish of the £Clupeid" (Herrings). It is about two feet in length. Arms of Alliance. jów1; cat, çell, bóil, boy; pout, çhin, bench; go, gem; thin, this; sin, xenophon, ...
Allice Shad. a use Servić eBot. de Hort.: Citrus decumana.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Allice Shad
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Allice Shad to find many related words and phrases!