Allies appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- A tinsel sign I won as I trade sub allies… oh, those ill abused artisan-owing isles, Nita!
On this page:
- Definition of the noun allies
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Allies
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Allies
- Photos about Allies
- Video language resources about Allies
- Sign language
- Quotes about Allies
- Scrabble value of A1L1L1I1E1S1
- Anagrams of ALLIES
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun allies
What does allies mean as a name of something?
- the alliance of nations that fought the Axis in World War II and which (with subsequent additions) signed the charter of the United Nations in 1945
- in World War I the alliance of Great Britain and France and Russia and all the other nations that became allied with them in opposing the Central Powers
- an alliance of nations joining together to fight a common enemy
Allies is a Christian rock band. They released six albums during the 1980s and early 1990s.
- also known as The Allies
- genres: Contemporary Christian music, Christian rock, Hard rock
- albums: "Allies", "Long Way From Paradise", "Man With a Mission", "Shoulder to Shoulder", "The River", "Virtues", "The Light Years"
- "Allies" is the eighth album by Crosby, Stills & Nash, their second concert document, and released on Atlantic Records in 1983. A live concert clip for "Wasted on the Way" received some rotation on MTV and VH1 at the time, as did the single "War Games.
- "Allies" is a song recorded by the rock band Heart. It was released in 1983 as the second and final single from the band's seventh studio album Passionworks. The song was written by Jonathan Cain, best known as a member of the rock band Journey.
- "Allies" is a studio album by English guitarist, composer and improvisor Fred Frith. It is the second of a series of Music for Dance albums Frith made.
- "Allies" is a musical album of Grand Fatal.
- released on (9 years ago)
- "Allies" is a musical single of The River Versus.
- released on
- "Allies" is a musical album of Some Velvet Morning.
- released on
- "Allies" is a musical album of The Allies.
- released in (33 years ago)
- "Allies" is a musical album of Allies.
- "Allies" is a 1983 single by American hard rock band Heart.
- released in (32 years ago)
- "Allies" is a book by William Shawcross.
- genres: Sociology, Mathematics, Science
- subjects: Politics, United States of America, International relations, 21st century, Security, Diplomacy, Military branch, Europe, Political Science, Iraq, Middle East, Iraq War, World history, History, Foreign relations, Asia, Technology, Warfare, Military science
- "Allies" is a book by John Eisenhower.
- also known as "Allies, Pearl Harbor to D-Day"; Allies, Pearl Harbor to D-Day
- starring: Werner Daehn as Captain Dekker
- released on
Allies is a novel written by Christie Golden that was released on May 25, 2010. It is the fifth novel in the Fate of the Jedi series and published as a hardcover. The paperback is set to be released on March 22, 2011. It takes place in the Star Wars Expanded Universe in 43.5 ABY.
- language: English Language
- released on (4 years ago)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Allies
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Dublin Review (1847)
Allies is an inconsecutive, contradictory thinker. Still, the doctrine expressed above is contained in a more precise and definite shape than is any contradictory doctrine; and, consequently, it seems more natural to ...
by Wiktor Osiatyński
A single crucial element ofthe so-called promotion ofdemocracy by the United Stated and its allies is the requirement that states hold popular elections, seen as a precondition for international recognition ofa regime as well as for any foreign ...
Messages to the World (2005)
The Statements of Osama Bin Laden by Osama Bin Laden, Bruce Lawrence
American response to 9/11 constitutes clear evidence that the war being waged by the United States and its allies is a Crusade against Islam. The onslaught on Afghanistan is not an isolated conflict, but the latest episode in a long chain of ...
Still Ours to Lead (2014)
America, Rising Powers, and the Tension between Rivalry and Restraint by Bruce D. Jones
Rather, what the Security Council provides to the United States and its Western allies is a tool to put collective pressure on Iran but to do so in a way that is negotiated with the non-Western powers, so that actions taken in Iran do not affect ...
by Shatrughna P. Sinha
Allies. One hundred and twenty-seven countries are now members of the United Nations, pledged through the Charter to work for international peace and security and to promote the political, economic and social conditions necessary to ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Allies
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Allies
Click on an item to view that photo:
Checkpoint Charlie (Berlin - Germany)
Photo credit: carlawosniak
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Allies
Click on an item to play that video:
- Allies Are Not Entitled to an Explanation
- Axis & Allies sub combat explanation
Octopus Grabus explaining sub combat for the new Axis & Allies 1942 game.
- QR Code Explanation - Mobile Marketing Allies - 1-877-246-2230
- Epic 90 Horde Warrior Destroying Allies & Massive Crits/Strategy Explanation
- SV ALLIES Innovation Initiative ESL Students
526db's shared video file.
- Verb Allies "Silver Lining"
chin up =]
- Verb Allies summer days
Feel good Summer Vibe.... =]
View more videos about Axis and Allies.
See also the pronunciation examples of Allies!
Allies Sign Language Video
Quotes about Allies
Within NATO, our Defence Capabilities Initiative has identified the essential capabilities all Allies must have for modern operations, and Allies are working to meet those requirements. (Lord Robertson)
more quotes about allies...
Scrabble value of A1L1L1I1E1S1
The value of this 6-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALLIES
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Allies!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Allies to see it in context!