On this page:
Definition of the noun allioniaceae
What does allioniaceae mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- a family of flowering plants of the order Caryophyllales
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Allioniaceae / family Allioniaceae / Bougainvilleaceae / family Bougainvilleaceae / Mirabilidaceae / family Mirabilidaceae / Pisoniaceae / family Pisoniaceae / Nyctaginaceae
- synonyms of Allioniaceae: family Allioniaceae / family Nyctaginaceae / four-o'clock family
- more generic term: caryophylloid dicot family = family of relatively early dicotyledonous plants including mostly flowers
- member of: Caryophyllales / Chenopodiales / order Caryophyllales / order-Chenopodiales = corresponds approximately to the older group Centrospermae
- genus Nyctaginia / Nyctaginia = a caryophyllaceous genus of the family Nyctaginaceae having only one species
- genus Abronia / Abronia = genus of western North American herbs having showy flowers
- genus Allionia / Allionia = small genus of chiefly American herbs
- genus Bougainvillaea / genus Bougainvillea / Bougainvillaea = ornamental tropical woody vines
- genus Mirabilis / Mirabilis = four o'clocks
- genus Pisonia / Pisonia = genus of often thorny tropical trees and shrubs and some vines
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Allioniaceae
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Allioniaceae = Nyctaginaceae. AlolnopslB Schwantes. Aizo. (11). 8 S. Afr. Alpamlnia O. E. Schulz (Eudema p.p.). Crucif. (2). 1 Peru. Alslnaceae = Caryophyllaceae, § I. Alslne L. = Stellaria L. (Caryophyll.). AlsineUa Hill = Sagina L. (Carophyll.).
... Muilla, Nectaroscrodum, Nothoscor- dum, Pabellonia, Petronymphe, Schick- endantziella, Speea, Solaria, Trichlora, Tristagma, Triteleia, Triteleiopsis, Tul- baghia, Zoellnerallium. LIST OF FAMILIES LIST OF FAMILIES Allioniaceae Horan.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Allioniaceae
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of A1L1L1I1O1N1I1A1C3E1A1E1
The value of this 12-letter word is 14 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Allioniaceae to find many related words and phrases!