Allison Smith (actress)
On this page:
Who is Allison Smith?
Allison Smith is an American actress and singer best known for her work on television as Mallory O'Brien in Aaron Sorkin's Emmy Award-winning NBC drama The West Wing, and starring on Broadway in the title role of Annie in the original Broadway production of Annie. She also played the role of Jennie Lowell on the 1980s Emmy Award winning sitcom Kate & Allie. She received a Screen Actors Guild win in 2001 for Best Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for "The West Wing". Other theatre credits include the original Broadway production of "Evita" with Patti Lupone and Mandy Patinkin, starring in the Los Angeles premiere production of David Mamet's "Oleanna", "QED" by Peter Parnell at The Mark Taper Forum opposite Alan Alda, and the musical "The Education Of Randy Newman" in which she played Randy Newman's first wife. Her chilling performance in the pilot of "The Closer" received rave reviews. She has appeared in over 100 episodes of television. Smith is an actress, writer, singer, director, and is married with 2 children. She works with Save The Children and has built over 5 schools in Africa and Haiti.
- born on (45 years ago) in Manhattan
- nationality: United States of America
- education: New York University
- profession: Actor, singer, writer, songwriter
- Marriage with Randall Grimmett since
- parent of Adeline Grimmett
- "Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday"
- played Charlotte Byrne in "A Reason to Believe"
- played Susan in "The Stolen Years"
- "Helter Skelter"
- "Danielle Steel's Full Circle"
- "At First Site"
- played Bernadette in "Gillery’s Little Secret"
- "Terror Tract"
- played Reporter (Voice) in "World Record"
- played Linda Miller Walker in "Holes"
- played Becky in "Switchback"
- "Lying Eyes"
- "Life After Tomorrow"
- TV series:
- official website: www.allisonsmith.org
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Allison Smith (actress)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Allison Smith to see it in context!