On this page:
Definition of the noun allium acuminatum
What does allium acuminatum mean as a name of something?
- a common North American wild onion with a strong onion odor and an umbel of pink flowers atop a leafless stalk; British Columbia to California and Arizona and east to Wyoming and Colorado
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of Allium acuminatum: Hooker's onion
- more generic term: wild onion = any of various plants of the genus Allium with edible bulbs found growing wild
- member of: Allium / genus Allium = large genus of perennial and biennial pungent bulbous plants: garlic; leek; onion; chive
Phrases with Allium acuminatum
Phrases starting with Allium acuminatum:
Other phrases containing Allium acuminatum:
- Variety Allium Acuminatum Gracile
- Variety Allium Acuminatum Cuspidatum
- Variety Allium Acuminatum Var. Cuspidatum
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Allium acuminatum
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology (5 Volume Set) by Umberto Quattrocchi
Allium acuminatum Hook. (Allium acuminatum var. cuspidatum Fernald; Allium cuspidatum (Fernald) Rydb.; Allium cuspidatum Rydb.; Allium elwesii Regel; Allium murrayanum Regel; Allium ...
by Brent Douglas Galloway
Allium acuminatum Allium cernuum, prob. also Allium acuminatum:: st'axet. Allium cernuum Allium cernuum, prob. also Allium acuminatum:: st'axet. all over ( be) scattered all over:: st1'apx < t1'ep. distributive, all over, all around:: =x ~ =ex.
Applied in England and Among English-speaking People to Cultivated and Wild Plants, Trees, and Shrubs by William Miller
Allium acuminatum Sea.
The Encyclopedia Americana (1903)
by Frederick Converse Beach, George Edwin Rines
Some of the hardy species are grown for ornament in gardens; for example, Allium moly and Allium roseum, from Europe; Allium victorialis, from Siberia; Allium acuminatum, from the western States. Others, especially Allium ncapolitanum, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Allium acuminatum
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Allium acuminatum
Although common, this onion is not as frequently enountered as the early summer white flowering Allium textile.
Photo credit: Matt Lavin
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Allium acuminatum to find many related words and phrases!