Allium cepa aggregatum
On this page:
Definition of the noun allium cepa aggregatum
What does allium cepa aggregatum mean as a name of something?
- type of onion plant producing small clustered mild-flavored bulbs used as seasoning
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Allium carneum / species Allium carneum / Allium fissile / species Allium fissile / Allium hierochuntinum / species Allium hierochuntinum / Cepa ascalonica / species Cepa ascalonica / Porrum ascalonicum / species Porrum ascalonicum / Allium ascalonicum
- synonyms of Allium cepa aggregatum: eschalot / multiplier onion / shallot
- more generic terms: Allium cepa / onion / onion plant = bulbous plant having hollow leaves cultivated worldwide for its rounded edible bulb
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Allium cepa aggregatum
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Dictionary of Food (2009)
International Food and Cooking Terms from A to Z by Charles Sinclair
peppers, garlic and saffron allis shad See shad Allium Thebotanical name forthe important family of plants, including onions and spring onions Allium cepa, shallots Allium cepa Aggregatum group, Welsh or bunching onions (ciboule) Allium ...
by Charles Gordon Sinclair
Onion and spring onion Allium cepa Aggregatum Group Bot. Shallot Allium cepa var. proliferum Bot. Egyptian onion Allium fistulosum Boi. Welsh onion Allium porrum BoI Leek Allium ramosum Bot. Asian leek Allium sativum Bot Garlic Allium ...
The Encyclopaedia Britannica (1881)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General Literature by Thomas Spencer Baynes
The Potato Onion, Allium Cepa aggregatum, is propagated by the lateral bulbs. which it throws out, under ground, in Onion. considerable numbers. This variety is very prolific, and is useful when other sorts do not keep well. It is sometimes ...
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences and General Literature ... in Thirty Volumes with New American Supplement
The Potato Onion, Allium Cepa aggregatum, is propagated by the lateral bulbs, which it throws out, under ground, in considerable numbers. This variety is very prolific, and is useful when other sorts do not keep well. It is sometimes planted ...
A Standard Work of Reference in Art, Literature, Science, History, Geography, Commerce, Biography, Discovery and Invention... with New American Supplement, Complete in Thirty Volumes
The Potato Onion, Allium Cepa aggregatum, is propagated by the lateral bulbs. which it throws out, under ground, in ' considerable numbers. ! This variety is very prolific, and is useful when other sorts do not keep well. it is sometimes planted ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Allium cepa aggregatum
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Allium cepa aggregatum
Allium cepa Aggregatum Grp.
Photo credit: .Annna
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Allium cepa aggregatum to find many related words and phrases!