The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun allocation:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun allocation
- Phrases with Allocation
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Allocation
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Allocation
- Photos about Allocation
- Video language resources about Allocation
- Quotes about Allocation
- Scrabble value of A1L1L1O1C3A1T1I1O1N1
- Anagrams of ALLOCATION
- Share this page
Allocation is a member of the word family allocate, included in the Academic Word List by Dr. Averil Coxhead, which contains the 570 most frequent word families used in academic texts from a variety of subject areas, of interest for students that learn the words most needed to study at tertiary institutions.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun allocation
What does allocation mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: allocations
- a share set aside for a specific purpose
- lexical domain: Possessions - nouns denoting possession and transfer of possession
- synonym of allocation: allotment
- more generic words: part / percentage / portion / share = assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group
- more specific words:
- the act of distributing by allotting or apportioning; distribution according to a plan
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonyms of allocation: allotment / apportioning / apportionment / assignation / parceling / parcelling
- more generic word: distribution = the act of distributing or spreading or apportioning
- more specific words:
- subsidisation / subsidization / grant = the act of providing a subsidy
- reapportionment / reallocation / reallotment = a new apportionment
- deal = the act of apportioning or distributing something
- rationing = the act of rationing
- portion / parcel / share = the allotment of some amount by dividing something
- (computer science) the assignment of particular areas of a magnetic disk to particular data or instructions
Alternative definition of the noun allocation
- The process or procedure for allocating things, especially money or other resources.
Specialised definition of the noun allocation
Glossary of justice
the process of deciding which institution to send prisoners
- region: UK
- Allocation: In the petroleum industry, allocation refers to practices of breaking down measures of quantities of extracted hydrocarbons across various contributing sources. Allocation aids the attribution of ownerships of hydrocarbons as each contributing element to a commingled flow or to a storage of petroleum may have a unique ownership. Contributing sources in this context are typically producing petroleum wells delivering flows of petroleum or flows of natural gas to a commingled flow or storage.
- Allocation a.k.a. Allocation money: In Major League Soccer, allocation money represents an amount of money teams can use to sign players and/or allocate to their salaries to get under the salary cap.
- read more about Allocation money
- Allocation: The distribution of resources over various time periods, products, operations, or investments.
Phrases with Allocation
Phrases starting with the word Allocation:
Phrases ending with the word Allocation:
Other phrase containing the word Allocation:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Allocation
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Xuetao Sun, Robert Speed, Dajun Shen
Water Resources Allocation in the People's Republic of China DAJUN SHEN & ROBERT SPEED ABSTRACT Water resources allocation is a process for changing the natural or status quo distribution of water resources to meet requirements ...
Industry Week (1918)
An allocation is an order for material which is given to the producer by those government officials who have to do with the...
by Joel Demski
Cost allocation is the phrase used to describe the procedures by which product costs are constructed in the face of joint costs. To illustrate, many aircraft use an airport's runway. It is common practice to set the landing fees to recover the cost of ...
An allocation is an order for material which is given to the producer 1 by those government olficials who have to do with the supply of that particular material. This order is given in behalf of a user of the material who is fulfilling a contract for ...
by Paul D. Kaplan
Asset allocation is the selection of a portfolio of investments where each component is an asset class rather than an individual security. In many respects, asset allocation is a more suitable application of mean-variance analysis than is stock ...
Compiler Construction (2002)
11th International Conference, CC 2002, Held as Part of the Joint European Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software, ETAPS 2002, Grenoble, France, April 8-12, 2002, Proceedings by R. Niegel Horspool
Linear scan register allocation is an efficient alternative to the widely used graph coloring approach. We show how this...
Register allocation is the task of assigning registers to the variables and temporaries of a program. It is crucial for the ...
Advances in Computing Science - ASIAN 2002. Internet Computing and Modeling, Grid Computing, Peer-to-Peer Computing, and Cluster Computing (2002)
7th Asian Computing Science Conference, Hanoi, Vietnam, December 4-6, 2002, Proceedings by Jean-Marie Alain
The allocation can be done in different ways, depending on the total amount of resources available in the network and the number of customers asking for a guaranteed service. One simple allocation is the one that uses the peak rate of traffic.
by Kenneth J. Arrow, A. Sen, Kotaro Suzumura
However, if preferences are smooth and “sufficiently dispersed,” any envyfree and efficient allocation is an equal-division Walrasian allocation. The first formal result of this kind is due to Varian (1976). To formalize the idea that preferences are ...
by Maria Gini, Richard Voyles
Task allocation is an issue that every multi-robot system must address. Recent...
Introduction and Motivation Task allocation is a challenging problem due to the unpredictable nature of robot environments, sensor failure, robot failure, and ...
Asset Management (2014)
A Systematic Approach to Factor Investing by Andrew Ang
Strategic asset allocation is the longrun weight and is the sum of the longrun fixed weight, tactical asset allocation, and the opportunistic weight. It is the optimal strategy for a longterm investor.18 As expected from the dynamic programming ...
Investments, An Introduction (2016)
Business, Finance by CTI Reviews
Asset allocation: Asset allocation is an investment strategy that attempts to balance risk versus reward by adjusting the percentage of each asset in an investment portfolio according to the investors risk tolerance, goals and investment time ...
Cognitive Investing (2011)
The Key to Making Better Investment Decisions by Rich Willis
Asset allocation is an afterthought at best. One problem with this ad hoc methodology is that...
by Qi Luo
Task allocation is the core problem of MAS. Capability is the embodiment of agent's own value, and each task requires certain...
by Richard Aplin, Joseph Montchamp
ALLOCATION DE BASE (AB) amount depends on circumstances and is paid monthly. The cotorep administers the fund. Carers benefit from free old-age insurance through the securite sociale. This allowance can be received in addition to ...
by Wang, John
Allocation. Constraints. Jeng-Fung Chen Feng Chia University, Taiwan INTRODUCTION Hub location problems, with the hub-and-spoke network structure, involve locating hub facilities, allocating the non-hubs (spokes) to the hubs, and ...
by Informa Healthcare, Waldemar Karwowski
Traditional approaches to function allocation were static in nature. Lists of human and machine capabilities were compiled and decisions regarding the assignment of functions were based on the superiority of the human over the machine, ...
by Jack Rabin
INTRODUCTION Allocation by formula is one of the decision rules used in the United States by budgeters to allocate scarce resources in the public sector. Other rules include budget ...
by Bruce R. Hopkins
ALLOCATION advises with respect to, the preparation or presentation of any portion of a return, affidavit, claim, or other document, (2) knows or has reason to believe that the portion will be used in connection with any material matter ...
by Greg N. Gregoriou
share allocation has a different mechanism. Bagwell (1991) describes the Dutch auction method for share repurchase. The buying firm in such ...
by Khosrow-Pour, D.B.A., Mehdi
Stand-alone costs and the Shapley costs allocation. Alexander Kolker GE Healthcare, USA INTRODUCTION Game theory is a branch of applied mathematics that studies strategic situations in which participants (players) act in order to ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Allocation
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Allocation
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: sa9ah
- The New Allocation
Go-Ahead London: London General - AD E20D/Optare Esteem - SOE12 LX09AYT - Route 42
Photo credit: Fernando Garcia 49
- Slot allocation.
Photo credit: MIKI Yoshihito. (#mikiyoshihito)
- Waste Allocation Load Lifter
2 LEDs and 3 Volts, battery driven.
Photo credit: Bertrand Gondouin
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Allocation
Click on an item to play that video:
- Asset Allocation - What is the DEFINITION - Diversified Portfolio among Asset Classes
- Jargon Cost Allocation
- Allocation Meaning
Video shows what allocation means. The process or procedure for allocating things, especially money or other resources.. Allocation Meaning. How to ...
- Asset Allocation What is the DEFINITION Diversified Portfolio among Asset Classes
- One Simple String Memory allocation Idiom (9-26-2013)
- Vocabulary of the Day Asset Allocation
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = allocation of seats
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = allocation of work
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = housing allocation
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = allocation of land
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = allocation clause
- Senator Mary Moran speaking in the Seanad about the allocation of language support teachers
Senator Mary Moran speaking in the Seanad about the allocation of language support teachers.
- High Court notices to Political Parties to give Description Allocation of Lands | 10tv
- The Y.K. Dictionary - Allocation
See also the pronunciation examples of Allocation!
Quotes about Allocation
Scrabble value of A1L1L1O1C3A1T1I1O1N1
The value of this 10-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALLOCATION
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Allocation!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Allocation to see it in context!