Alloy Cast Iron
On this page:
Definition of the noun alloy cast iron
What does alloy cast iron mean as a name of something?
- cast iron containing alloying elements (usually nickel or chromium or copper or molybdenum) to increase the strength or facilitate heat treatment
- lexical domain: Substances - nouns denoting substances
- synonym of alloy cast iron: alloy iron
- more generic term: cast iron = an alloy of iron containing so much carbon that it is brittle and so cannot be wrought but must be shaped by casting
- more specific terms:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alloy Cast Iron
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Joseph R. Davis, ASM International
alloy cast iron alpha double prime (a") (orthorhombic martensite) least one is a metal. (2) To make or melt an alloy. (3) In plastics, a blend of polymers or copolymers with other polymers or elastomers under selected conditions; for example, ...
by Mel Schwartz
They have the characteristic of corroding at very slow rates compared with unalloyed, or low- alloy cast iron or ...
by Christopher G. Morris, Academic Press
alloy cast iron Metallurgy, gray iron composed of 3% of the alloying ...
Technical Dictionary (1999)
by Colette Crielesi, Giuseppe Landucci
* acicular cast iron, ghisa aciculare * alloy cast iron, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alloy Cast Iron
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alloy Cast Iron to find many related words and phrases!