On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun alma
What does alma mean as a name of something?
Alma is a genus of Glossoscolecidae, described by Grube in 1855.
- synonym: genus Alma
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Annelida
- class: Clitellata
- order: Haplotaxida
- family: Glossoscolecidae
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Alternative definition of the noun alma
- An Egyptian singer or dancing-girl used for entertainment or as a professional mourner.
- Alma is the largest city in Gratiot County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 9,383 at the 2010 census. It was incorporated as the Village of Alma in 1872 and became a city in 1905.
- Alma is a town in the Canadian province of Quebec.
- Alma is a city in Crawford County located in the western part of U.S. state of Arkansas, along Interstate 40 about 13 miles from the Oklahoma border. As of the 2010 Census, Alma's population was 5,419. It is the sixth largest city in the Fort Smith, Arkansas-Oklahoma Metropolitan Statistical Area. Alma was incorporated in 1874.
- Alma is a city in Bacon County, Georgia, United States, and the county seat. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 3,466.
- Alma: The historic Town of Alma is a Statutory Town located in Park County, Colorado, United States. The town population was 270 at the U.S. Census 2010.
- Alma is a city in and the county seat of Buffalo County in the U.S. state of Wisconsin. The population was 781 at the 2010 census. The city borders the Town of Alma, as well as the Town of Nelson, the Town of Belvidere, and Greenfield Township, Wabasha County, Minnesota. The motto for the city of Alma is: "Step into Living History.
- Alma is a city in and the county seat of Wabaunsee County, Kansas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 832. Alma is part of the Topeka, Kansas Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Alma is a city in Harlan County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 1,133 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Harlan County.
- Alma is a town in Ellis County, Texas, United States. The population was 331 at the 2010 census.
- Alma is a village incorporated in 1854 in Marion County, Illinois, United States. The population was 386 at the 2000 census.
- Alma is a city in Lafayette County, Missouri, United States. The population was 402 at the 2010 census. Bob Mahony is the present mayor.
- Alma is a village in the parish of Alma, Albert County, New Brunswick, Canada. The village is centered on the small delta of the Upper Salmon River and Cleveland Brook, where they empty into Salisbury Bay.
- Alma is a town in Allegany County, New York, United States. The population was 842 at the 2010 census. The source of the town name is uncertain. It may come from the Latin word for "nourishing", or it may be named for a city in Germany.
- Alma is an unincorporated community in Catron County, New Mexico, United States, north of Glenwood and south of Reserve.
- Alma is a ghost town in Santa Clara County in California, United States. It lies beneath the waters of the Lexington Reservoir above Los Gatos. The location is latitude 37.18N and longitude 121.98W. It was 551 feet above sea level.
- Alma is a small rural community located in southwestern Stephens County, Oklahoma. The Alma Post Office, said to be named for Alma Peeples, was opened February 14, 1906. The Alma School District was consolidated with the one at Velma.
- Alma is an unincorporated community in Clarke County, Alabama, United States. The community was named for Alma Flinn, a local teacher.
- Alma is a town in Victoria, Australia, along the Maryborough – St Arnaud Road, west of Maryborough. In the 2006 census, Alma and the surrounding area had a population of 692.
- Alma is a town in Jackson County, Wisconsin in the United States. The population was 983 at the 2000 census. The Village of Alma Center is located within the town. The ghost town of Wrightsville was also located in the town.
- Alma a.k.a. Alma, Louisiana: Alma was the name of a community located in southeastern Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana, United States. The community was located east of Lakeland.
- read more about Alma, Louisiana
- Alma is a town in Buffalo County in the U.S. state of Wisconsin. The population was 297 at the 2010 census. The city of Alma is located along the western town line. The unincorporated community of Tell is located in the town.
- Alma a.k.a. Alma, Oregon: Alma is an unincorporated community in Lane County, Oregon, United States. Alma is located on Siuslaw River Road near the Siuslaw River, 22 miles west-southwest of Eugene.
- read more about Alma, Oregon
- Alma a.k.a. Alma, Virginia: Alma is an unincorporated community in Page County, in the U.S. state of Virginia. The community is said to have been named, in the mid-1850s, by local doctor James Lee Gillespie. The doctor, who relocated to Page County around 1851 is said to have been a follower of events of the Crimean War, and is believed to have named the little village either for the Battle of Alma or the Alma River, in the Ukraine.
- read more about Alma, Virginia
Phrases with Alma
Phrases starting with the word Alma:
Phrases ending with the word Alma:
- Bela Alma
- Carex alma
- genus Alma
- Eresia Alma
- Garrha Alma
- Miresa Alma
- Sciara Alma
- Anatole Alma
- Caricea alma
- Euterpe Alma
- Scopula Alma
- Copsyrna Alma
- Epallage Alma
- Labedera Alma
- Machimia Alma
- Mangelia Alma
- Melitaea Alma
View more phrases with the word Alma in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alma
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Real-Town Murders (2017)
by Adam Roberts
Alma is a private detective in a near-future England, a country desperately trying to tempt people away from the delights of Shine, the immersive successor to the internet.
United Shield (1913)
by United Cigar-Whelan Stores Corporation
The Alma is a Winner The Alma cigarette is going like a race-horse. In several territories, it is taking a...
The Gluten-Free Bible (2005)
The Thoroughly Indispensable Guide to Negotiating Life without Wheat by Jax Peters Lowell
Alma is the kind of place where ...
Houses of Los Cabos (2006)
by Mauricio Martinez
Casa del Alma is a poem within a poem - everything flows in a natural way here, and nothing is forced. Mysticism is its second skin, beneath tile and stone. You feel this most if you gaze over the landscape toward the immeasurable blue and ...
Confronting Negativity and Time by H. Ford
Alma is a psychiatric nurse who subsequently performs both carer and admirer to the strange woman who refuses to speak. As Elisabet's negative subjectivity generates increasingly infectious power during the film, itismore than the troubled ...
This Is How You Lose Her (2012)
by Junot Díaz
Alma is a Mason Gross student, oneofthose Sonic Youth, comicbook reading alternatinas without whom you might neverhave lost your virginity. Grew up in Hoboken, part ofthe Latino community that gotits heart burned out in the eighties, ...
Eugene O'Neill, Thornton Wilder, Clifford Odets, William Saroyan, Tennessee Williams, William Inge, Arthur Miller, Edward Albee by Stella Adler
Alma is a southern woman who has come down through time with a need for beauty and soulfulness. You'll say, offhand, ...
Ayeen Akbery (2014)
by Ab Al-Fazl Ibn Mub Rak, Abu'l-Fazl ibn Mubarak
when Big' is prevalent, from whence doubt arises, it is called Alma; 3. when Sut is so prevalent that certainty ensucs, ...
On Becoming Nuyoricans (2005)
by Angela Anselmo, Alma Rubal-Lopez
Alma is a problem solver, ...
Kritisch-etymologisches Wörterbuch der magyarischen Sprache, etc. (Magyaricae linguae lexicon critico-etymologicum, etc.). (1833)
by Gergely DANKOVSZKY
lllati-»ösztön , animalisstimulus, instinctus, der thierische Antrieb, der Instinct , Naturtrieb, 'Alma , (olma, tschuvassice) malum , der Apfel. *) Composíta en.' alma. l.
A Collection of Quotations Pertaining to Archaeology, Architecture, Astronomy, Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Cosmology, Darwinism, Death, Engineering, Geology, Life, Mathematics, Medicine, Nature, Nursing, Paleontology, Philosophy, Physics, Probability, Science, Statistics, Technology, Theory, Universe, and Zoology by Carl C. Gaither, Alma E. Cavazos-Gaither
Gaither, Alma E.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alma
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alma
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: [[[Matías]]]
halfway between high tide and low tide
Photo credit: Andrea Schaffer
Photo credit: Andrew E. Larsen
Great seafood - Alma fishing village
Photo credit: Ryan Tir
Restaurant Alma - Henrique Sa Pessoa
Photo credit: balgann
Photo credit: Petrov Fotos
Photo credit: gagilas
Photo credit: qcom
Photo credit: 0000007
Photo credit: Denise Coronel
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Alma
Click on an item to play that video:
- Alma meaning and pronunciation
The most wonderful person in the world who cares for everyone, even the people who she hates and who hates her. all in all she is a caring person. she is the ...
- Alma Meaning
Video shows what Alma means. , popular in the 19th century.. Places in the U.S., Canada, and several other countries.. One of two prophets, the Elder and the ...
- Alma Ananda feat. TAIT Sling Slang YOYO
- Alma Meaning
Video shows what alma means. An Egyptian singer or dancing-girl used for entertainment or as a professional mourner.. alma pronunciation. How to pronounce ...
- Mr Pego on ALMA's 17th birthday meaning
Mr. Pego - ALMA's idealizer - is a bit nervous as he explains all the history of this institution; he says adolescents but meant children. Easy to understand when ...
- Alma Dender The Meaning of Work
- The meaning of ALMA from Maelean Bush
- Into Deepest Space: The Birth of the ALMA Observatory
ALMA, in Spanish: Soul. Released in 2012, this 52-minute public television documentary reveals the motivations, struggles and ultimate triumphs of the people ...
- ALMA - Watcher
WOW, this is powerful! Download...
- Se va muriendo mi alma - Remmy Valenzuela
View more videos about Alma mater.
See also the pronunciation examples of Alma!
Click on an item to play that video:
- RIT Alma Mater in American Sign Language (2010-11)
RIT Alma Mater Performed by RIT students at the freshmen convocation. In the video, the sign performers are Joseph, Heather, and Maya. The alma mater was ...
- Alma Chavez (Sign Language Second test)
via YouTube Capture.
- Oak Hill High School Alumni Band Color Guard Alma Mater Sign Language
Quotes about Alma
Scrabble value of A1L1M3A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALMA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Alma!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alma to see it in context!