Alma Mahler Gropius Werfel
On this page:
Who is Alma Mahler Gropius Werfel?
Alma Mahler Gropius Werfel: Alma Maria Mahler Gropius Werfel was a Viennese-born socialite well known in her youth for her beauty and vivacity. She became the wife, successively, of composer Gustav Mahler, architect Walter Gropius, and novelist Franz Werfel, as well as the consort of several other prominent men. Musically active from her teens, she was the composer of at least seventeen songs for voice and piano. In later years her salon became an important feature of the artistic scene, first in Vienna, then in Los Angeles.
- also known as Alma Maria Mahler-Werfel, Alma Gropius, Alma Werfel, Alma Schindler, Alma Mahler, Alma Maria Mahler Gropius Werfel, Alma Maria Schindler, Alma Mahler-Werfel
- born on (136 years ago) in Vienna, child of Anna von Bergen and Emil Jakob Schindler
- nationality: Austria
- profession: Composer, socialite, consort
- died on (51 years ago) in New York City
- read more about Alma Mahler Gropius Werfel (composer)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alma Mahler Gropius Werfel
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: