Alma Mahler Gropius Werfel (composer)
On this page:
Who is Alma Mahler Gropius Werfel?
Alma Mahler Gropius Werfel: Alma Maria Mahler Gropius Werfel was a Viennese-born socialite well known in her youth for her beauty and vivacity. She became the wife, successively, of composer Gustav Mahler, architect Walter Gropius, and novelist Franz Werfel, as well as the consort of several other prominent men. Musically active from her teens, she was the composer of at least seventeen songs for voice and piano. In later years her salon became an important feature of the artistic scene, first in Vienna, then in Los Angeles.
- also known as Alma Maria Mahler-Werfel, Alma Gropius, Alma Werfel, Alma Schindler, Alma Mahler, Alma Maria Mahler Gropius Werfel, Alma Maria Schindler, Alma Mahler-Werfel
- born on (135 years ago) in Vienna, child of Anna von Bergen and Emil Jakob Schindler
- nationality: Austria
- profession: Composer, socialite, consort
- parent of
- died on (50 years ago) in New York City
- written works: "Mein Leben", "And the bridge is love", "Gustav Mahler", "Gustave Mahler", "Alma Mahler-Werfel", "Diaries, 1898-1902", "My Life, My Loves"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alma Mahler Gropius Werfel (composer)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: