On this page:
- "Almayer's Folly" a.k.a. "Hanyut" is a Malay film based upon the Joseph Conrad novel, Almayer's Folly. The movie, written and directed by U-Wei Haji Saari, comprises adventure, drama, romance, conflict and suspense.
- read more about Hanyut
- "Almayer's Folly": Almayer's Folly is a 2011 drama film directed by Chantal Akerman, starring Stanislas Merhar, Aurora Marion and Marc Barbé. It is an adaptation of Joseph Conrad's 1895 debut novel Almayer's Folly, and tells the story of a Dutchman searching for pirate treasure in Malaysia. The setting has been relocated to 1950s. The film was a coproduction between companies in France and Belgium. It received four Magritte Award nominations.
- also known as La Folie Almayer
- countries: Belgium, France
- languages: French, English Language, Khmer language
- producers: Chantal Akerman, Patrick Quinet, Serge Zeitoun
- executive producers: Serge Zeitoun & Sovichea Cheap
- production design by Alain-Pascal Housiaux & Patrick Dechesne
- written by Chantal Akerman
- based on "Almayer's Folly" by Joseph Conrad
- music by Steve Dzialowski
- genre: Drama
- rating: 14A (Canada)
- released on (4 years ago)
- read more about Almayer's Folly (film)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Almayer's Folly
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Almayer's Folly for some fun with words!