On this page:
- Definition of the noun Almeria
- Phrases with Almeria
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Almeria
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Almeria
- Photos about Almeria
- Videos about Almeria
- Quotes about Almeria
- Scrabble value of A1L1M3E1R1I1A1
- Anagrams of ALMERIA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Almeria
What does Almeria mean as a name of something?
Almeria is a genus of Geometridae, described by Agenjo in 1949.
- synonym: genus Almeria
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Arthropoda
- class: Insecta
- order: Lepidoptera
- family: Geometridae
Almeria is a genus of Planorbidae, described by Paetel in 1875.
- synonym: genus Almeria
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Mollusca
- class: Gastropoda
- order: Hygrophila
- family: Planorbidae
- genus: Amerianna
- Almeria a.k.a. Almería is a city in Andalusia, Spain, situated in the southeast of Spain on the Mediterranean Sea. It is the capital of the province of the same name.
- Almeria a.k.a. Province of Almería: Almería is a province of the Autonomous Community of Andalucia, Spain. It is bordered by the provinces of Granada, Murcia, and the Mediterranean Sea. Its capital is the homonymous city of Almería.
- read more about Province of Almería
- Almeria is a fifth class municipality in the province of Biliran, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 16,495 people.
- also known as Almeria, Biliran
- part of Philippines
- Almeria is an unincorporated community in Loup County, Nebraska, United States. Its elevation is 2,333 feet, and it is located at 41°49′33″N 99°31′19″W / 41.82583°N 99.52194°W. The community was originally named for the wife of the community's founder, Wess Strohl. It lies along Nebraska Highway 91, 10 miles west-northwest of Taylor, the county seat of Loup County.
- "Almeria" a.k.a. "Almería" is the sixth studio album by American pop rock band Lifehouse, released on December 11, 2012 by Geffen Records. The title refers to the Spanish city of Almería, where many classic western films were filmed. The album was produced by Jude Cole, who has worked with Lifehouse on previous albums. The lead single off the album was released in September, and is titled "Between the Raindrops", a duet with British pop singer Natasha Bedingfield.
- "Almeria" is a musical album of Fernwood.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Almeria" is a composition.
- music by Armik
- "Almeria" is a book by Maria Edgeworth.
- also known as "Almeria a tale of fashionable life"
- "Almeria" is a book by Cutts.
- also known as "Almeria; or, Parental advice: a didactic poem. Addressed to the daughters of Great Britain and Ireland, by a friend to the sex"
- The Almeria grape is a mild-white grape, grown in both the United States and Spain. It is unusual among cultivated grapevines in that it is pistillate, and requires a second grape cultivar to provide pollen, but has remained in cultivation for centuries despite this due to its quality as a table grape.
- also known as Almeria grape
- Almeria is a genus of moth in the family Geometridae.
- Almeria a.k.a. Alméria is a cataloged instance, musical recording, canonical version.
Phrases with Almeria
Phrases starting with the word Almeria:
Phrase ending with the word Almeria:
Other phrases containing the word Almeria:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Almeria
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Almeria is a town and seaport of Andalucia, and is the capital of the province of the same name. It is situated in a bay of the Mediterranean, in a...
by James Hingston Tuckey
Ander j and Tampico, situated on a neck of land between Tampico and Tamiagua lagoons ; Villa Rica de Almeria is a small town on a river.
Property Hotspots in Spain (2004)
by Ajay Ahuja
Almeria is a wealthy area with a high cost of living so be prepared. One thing to note is that property is on the whole cheaper than on the Costa del Sol but the prices are expected to rise. The higher cost of living acts as a barrier to ownership.
ALMERIA is a renowned sea-port, 69 miles southeast of Granada. It lies on a river of the same name, and a bay of the Mediterranean, and carries on GRANADA.
Almeria is a chief town of the district, and residence of petty authorities, who get rich by encouraging smuggling from Gibraltar: it has a cathedral. About 2 L. in the Sierra are the baths of Alhamilla ; they are much frequented. There are two ...
Maritime geography and statistics, or A description of the ocean and its coasts, maritime commerce, navigation, &c (1815)
by James Hingston Tuckey
Ander ; and Tampico, situated on a neck of land between Tampico and Tamiagua lagoons ; Villa Rica de Almeria is a small town on a river.
by richard ford
Almeria is the see of a bishop, and the residence of civil and military authorities. It is walled in with forts to the sea-board, and was commanded by the Moorish fort el Keiran, now called the Alcazaba. The remains of the Moorish moles, and the ...
by Fiona Nichols
Almeria is a fine place to visit in winter when temperatures are mild. In summer they can be very hot. Getting There Granada has its own airport 17km (1 1 milesl from the city, with some domestic and some budget international flights. Granada ...
Comprising a Complete Description of the Earth, Physical, Statistical, Civil, and Political by Hugh Murray, William Wallace, Robert Jameson, Sir William Jackson Hooker, William Swainson
Alcazar, a word of frequent occurrence in Spanish topography, is a fortified house or small castle; Almeria is an observatory. See Description of Spain, by Gerif Alhedris, in the translation of Don José Antonio Condé, whose History of the ...
Comprising a Complete Description of the Earth, Exhibiting... by Hugh Murray
A/caznr, a word of frequent occurrence in Spanish topography, is o fortified house or small castle ; Almeria is an observatory. 2577. Ste Description, If Spain, by Gcrif Alhedris, in the translation of Don José Antonio Coudc, whose l-Iislory qflhe ...
by Clifford Edmund Bosworth
Almeria is the chief town of the province (which has the same name) in the most easterly part of Andalusia on the Mediterranean coast. It is surrounded by bare mountains with steppe-like vegetation, and this means that its countryside is very ...
by Random House, Stephen Elliott
Madrid, Malaga, Murcia, Orense, Oviedo, Teruel, Toledo, Zamora 7 Almeria, Caceres, Cordoba, Granada, Logrono, Navarra, Segovia, Sevilla, Vizcaya. Zadajoz 8 Albacete, Alicante. Baleares ...
The Encyclopedia Britannica (1910)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information by Hugh Chisholm
Almeria is bounded on the N. by Granada and Murcia, E. and S. by Murcia and the Mediterranean Sea, and W. by Granada. It is traversed by mountain ridges, with peaks of 6000 to 8000 ft. in altitude; and it is ...
Encyclopaedia perthensis, or, Universal dictionary of the arts, sciences, literature, etc. : intended to supersede the use of other books of reference (1816)
ALMERIA, a river of Fp.iin, on the mouth of Almeida, a fortified town of Portugal, in which is seated the town of that name. See next Beira, on the river Cor., containing about 1100 article. inhabitants, but only one chuch ; though it com- ...
Encyclopaedia Britannica0 (1875)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General Literature. A - Ana. 1
ALMERIA, a modern province of Spain, comprehending the eastern portion of the ancient kingdom of Granada. It is bounded on the N. by Jaen and Murcia, on the E. and S. by Murcia and the Mediterranean, and on the W. by Granada; with an ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Almeria
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Almeria
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Almeria
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Almeria!
Quotes about Almeria
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'Almeria"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of A1L1M3E1R1I1A1
The value of this 7-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALMERIA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Almeria!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Almeria to see it in context!