On this page:
Definition of the noun aloe family
What does aloe family mean as a name of something?
- one of many families or subfamilies into which some classification systems subdivide the Liliaceae but not widely accepted
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Aloeaceae
- synonym of aloe family: family Aloeaceae
- more generic term: liliid monocot family = family of monocotyledonous plants of the subclass Liliidae
- member of: family Liliaceae / Liliaceae / lily family = includes species sometimes divided among the following families: Alliaceae; Aloeaceae; Alstroemeriaceae; Aphyllanthaceae; Asparagaceae; Asphodelaceae; Colchicaceae; Convallariaceae; Hemerocallidaceae; Hostaceae; Hyacinthaceae; Melanthiaceae; Ruscaceae; Smilacaceae; Tecophilaeacea
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aloe Family
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Dictionary of Popular Names of the Plants which Furnish the Natural and Acquired Wants of Man, in All Matters of Domestic and General Economy (1882)
Their History, Products, & Uses by John Smith
Eagle-wood, a name in India for the wood of Aquilaria Agallocha, a tall tree of the Wood Aloe family (Aquilariacese), having alternate lance-shaped leaves. It is a native of India, Java, and other islands. The wood is fragrant, and contains a ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aloe Family
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aloe Family
If you need images about Aloe Family for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Aloe Family to find many related words and phrases!