On this page:
Definition of the noun alopius vulpinus
What does alopius vulpinus mean as a name of something?
- large pelagic shark of warm seas with a whiplike tail used to round up small fish on which to feed
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- synonyms of Alopius vulpinus: fox shark / thrasher / thresher / thresher shark
- more generic word: shark = any of numerous elongate mostly marine carnivorous fishes with heterocercal caudal fins and tough skin covered with small toothlike scales
- member of: Alopius / genus Alopius = type genus of the family Alopiidae
Printed books with definitions for Alopius vulpinus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Wnt Signaling in Development (2003)
by Michael Kühl
Eptatretus stoutii is the hagfish, Alopius vulpinus is the thresher shark.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alopius vulpinus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alopius vulpinus to find many related words and phrases!