On this page:
- Definition of the noun Alphaeus
- Phrases with Alphaeus
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alphaeus
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alphaeus
- Photos about Alphaeus
- Video language resources about Alphaeus
- Scrabble value of A1L1P3H4A1E1U1S1
- Anagrams of ALPHAEUS
- Share this page
Definition of the noun Alphaeus
What does Alphaeus mean as a name of something?
Alphaeus is a genus of Alpheidae, described by Bosc in 1802.
- synonym: genus Alphaeus
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Arthropoda
- class: Malacostraca
- order: Decapoda
- family: Alpheidae
- genus: Alpheus
Who is Alphaeus?
Alphaeus is mentioned in the New Testament as the father of three of the Twelve Apostles, namely: Matthew Levi the Apostle James, son of Alphaeus Jude Thaddaeus the Apostle As the father of an Apostle James, he has been confused with Clopas, who through his wife Mary is thought by some to have been stepfather to James the Less(This information is not confirmed as the original reading of the scriptures has Mary not having more than one husband and also not having children with other men.
- also known as 亞勒腓
- parent of Matthew the Apostle
Phrases with Alphaeus
- Alphaeus Latimanus
- Species Alphaeus Latimanus
- Genus Alphaeus
- Octopus Alphaeus
- Scoptes Alphaeus
- Tendipes alphaeus
- Paracladopelma alphaeus
- species Tendipes alphaeus
- species Paracladopelma alphaeus
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alphaeus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by James Orr
Cleopas 669* cf Alphaeus 106* (Fortune) cf ...
by Joel B. Green, Prof. Jeannine K. Brown, Nicholas Perrin
Peter always heads the first group, Philip the second, and James son of Alphaeus the third. In the first group, Matthew and Luke keep the two pairs of brothers together, while Mark may have wanted to place in first position the names of the ...
by Matthew Bunson, Margaret Bunson, Stephen Bunson
Alphaeus (d. first century) > The father of St. James the Less, ...
by David K. Stabnow
ALPHAEUS or ALPHEUS. 1. Father of apostle called James the Less (Mt 10: 3; ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alphaeus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alphaeus
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Alphaeus
Click on an item to play that video:
- Alphaeus kisusi's Mixtape
- Jesus' Disiple James, son of Alphaeus
Here is a video about the disciple James, son of Alphaeus. Is he really also known as James the Less/Younger? Decide for yourself.
- Bible Lessons For Youth With Alphaeus Anderson
eat-center.com/gainmaintain For Tips on how to Gain & Maintain Youth.
- Alphaeus Anderson/ "Pure-N-Heart in Gospel Today Magazine"
Alphaeus Anderson Talks about Pure-N-Heat being featured in Gospel Today Magazine. Pure N Heart received a 4 star review!!
- How to teach a large classroom with Alphaeus Anderson
Great tips from Alphaeus Anderson on how to teach a large classroom at school, church, conference, or any where youth will be taught in large numbers.
- Maybank Go Ahead Challenge 2015 by Alphaeus Tan Win Syuen
Maybank Go Ahead Challenge 2015 video resume.
- Kids react to games. 1 Min Tip with Alphaeus Anderson
Alphaeus is an expert in attracting and empowering youth.
- Organize Your Youth Ministry with Alphaeus Anderson
Visit eat-center.com/gainmaintain for tips, downloads, videos and information that will transform your youth ministry.
- J.K. Alphaeus - Brand New Day (LyricVideo)
Scrabble value of A1L1P3H4A1E1U1S1
The value of this 8-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALPHAEUS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alphaeus!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alphaeus to find many related words and phrases!