On this page:
Who is Alphonse Mouzon?
Alphonse Mouzon is a well-known jazz-fusion drummer and percussionist, and the owner of Tenacious Records, a label that primarily releases Mouzon's recordings. He also composes, arranges and produces, as well as acts. Alphonse Mouzon's popularity as a performing artist first became realized in the late 1960s and early 1970s.
- also known as Alfonse Mouzon; Alphonze Mouzon; Mouzon, Alphonse
- born on (67 years ago) in Charleston
- nationality: United States of America
- education: City College of New York
- profession: Musician, songwriter, actor, businessperson, composer, drummer, percussionist, music arranger
- member of musical groups:
- genres: Kozmigroov, Jazz fusion, Funk, Post-bop
- albums: "Early Spring", "Funky Snakefoot", "Mind Transplant", "The Best of Alphonse Mouzon", "The Survivor", "In Search of a Dream", "By All Means", "Virtue", "The Essence of Mystery", "The Man Incognito", "Morning Sun", "On Top Of The World", "Back Together Again", "Prayer for My Ancestors"
- filmography: played Ray in "The Dukes"
- official website: www.tenaciousrecords.com/Purchase_Music.html
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alphonse Mouzon
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Frank Hoffmann
departed the Cannonball Adderley Quintet,after serving nine yearsaselectric pianistand composer, to form Weather Report, alongwith Czech bassist Miroslav Vitous, drummer Alphonse Mouzon, and Brazilian Airto Moreiraon percussion.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alphonse Mouzon
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alphonse Mouzon to see it in context!