On this page:
Who is Alphonse Mucha?
Alphonse Mucha: Alfons Maria Mucha, often known in English and French as Alphonse Mucha, was a Czech Art Nouveau painter and decorative artist, known best for his distinct style. He produced many paintings, illustrations, advertisements, postcards, and designs.
- also known as Alphonse Maria Mucha, Alphonse Marie Mucha
- born on (155 years ago) in Ivančice, child of Andreas Mucha and Amalie Mala
- ethnicity: Czechs
- nationality: Czechoslovakia, Czech Republic
- profession: Artist, painter, visual artist
- Marriage with Maruška Chytilová since
- parent of
- died on (76 years ago) in Prague
- buried in Vyšehrad cemetery
- written works: "Full-color art nouveau borders", "Historical paintings of the Slavic nations", "Arufonsu Myusha ten", "Mucha's Figures décoratives", "Compositions figurales", "Izlozhba Alfons Mukha, 1860-1939", "Plakáty =", "Ilsée", "Drawings of Mucha", "Das slawische Epos", "Art Nouveau Figurative Designs", "Figures décoratives", "Mucha's Floral borders", "L'art décoratif", "Posters of Mucha", "Graphic work of Alphonse Mucha"
"Alphonse Mucha" is a book by Jiří Mucha.
- also known as "Alphonse Mucha: his life and art"; "Alphonse Mucha, the master of art nouveau"
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alphonse Mucha
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John McDonough, Karen Egolf
Among the key Art Nouveau poster designers were Jules Cheret, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Theophile-Alexendre Steinlen, Aubrey Beardsley, and Alphonse Mucha. Cheret is credited as the creator of the modern art poster and designed ...
by Claude Summers
Many artists, including Czech Art Nouveau master Alphonse Mucha, created advertising posters for bicycles. Perhaps the most famous uses of bicycles in art are French artist Marcel Duchamp's 1913 “readymade” sculpture Bicycle Wheel, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alphonse Mucha
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alphonse Mucha
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Alphonse Mucha Museum
Photo credit: JUMBOROIS
- Alphonse Mucha's "Nature"
Photo credit: brownpau
- "Byzantine Head: The Blonde" by Alphonse Mucha
Tattoo by D'wan Ellington at Under the Gun Inc.
Photo credit: ZebrasHateHail
- Starting on a mash-up of Alphonse Mucha posters
Photo credit: Martin_Duggan
- Alphonse Mucha Show Kelvingrove Art Gallery
Stunning and inspiring work from Czech Art Nouveau painter and decorative artist Alphonse Mucha, known best for his distinct style. He produced many paintings, illustrations, advertisements, postcards, and designs.
Photo credit: Jordanhill School D&T Dept
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alphonse Mucha to see it in context!