On this page:
Definition of the noun alpine azalea
What does alpine azalea mean as a name of something?
- creeping mat-forming evergreen shrub of high mountain regions of northern hemisphere grown for its rose-pink flowers
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Loiseleuria procumbens
- synonym of alpine azalea: mountain azalea
- more generic words: bush / shrub = a low woody perennial plant usually having several major stems
- member of: genus Loiseleuria / Loiseleuria = one species: alpine azalea
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alpine Azalea
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jim Gardiner
citrodora alpine azalea. See Loiseleuria procumbens alpine heath. See Epacrispaludosa alpine mint bush. See Prostanthera cuneata American blueberry. See Vaccinium corymbosum American cranberry. See Vaccinium macrocarpon ...
by Christopher Brickell
Alpine azalea. See Loiseleuria. Alpine bearberry. See Arctostaphylos alpina. Alpine campion. See Lychnis alpina. Alpine catchfly. See Lychnis alpina. Alpine chickweed. See Cerastium alpinum. Alpine chrysanthemum. See Leucanthemopsis ...
Different dwarf shrubs, such as Loiseleuria decumbens (Alpine azalea), Harimanella hypnoides (moss heather), and Empetrum were early immigrants. Angelica archangelica (angelica) was also an early immigrant, whereas Salix, Juniperus ...
The Century Dictionary (1914)
An Encyclopedic Lexicon of the English Language
the Alpine azalea, L. procumbens. azalein (a-zā'lé-in), n. [( azalea + -in”.] An old name for crude magenta. azan (a-zān"), n. [Ar.] In Mohammedan countries, the call to public prayers, proclaimed by the crier from the minaret of the mosque.
Embracing the Terminology of Medicine and the Kindred Sciences, with Their Signification, Etymology, and Pronunciation ... by Joseph Thomas
* Alpine Azalea, a small evergreen shrubby plant of the order Ericacetz, a native of New Hampshire. Loll-um Tem-u-len'tum.* The systematic name of Darnel ...
by Isaac Kaufman Funk
the alpine azalea. £ Gr. az , < azö, parch.] Phrases:- alpine nzalea, a small shrubby evergreen plant (Loiseleuria procumbens) of the heath '' (Ericaceae), growing in mountainous regions.—clammy a., azalein the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alpine Azalea
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alpine Azalea
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alpine Azalea to find many related words and phrases!