On this page:
Definition of the noun alpine clubmoss
What does alpine clubmoss mean as a name of something?
- a variety of club moss
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Lycopodium alpinum
- more generic terms: club moss / club-moss / lycopod = primitive evergreen moss-like plant with spores in club-shaped strobiles
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alpine Clubmoss
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Founded Mainly on the Materials Collected by the Philological Society by Sir James Augustus Henry Murray, Henry Bradley, Sir William Alexander Craigie, Charles Talbut Onions
The stag's- horn clubmoss ceases to straggle across the turf, and the tufted alpine clubmoss takes its place. 1873 Dawson Earth $ Man iv.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alpine Clubmoss
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alpine Clubmoss to find many related words and phrases!