On this page:
Definition of the noun alpine coltsfoot
What does alpine coltsfoot mean as a name of something?
- rhizomatous herb with purple-red flowers suitable for groundcover; sometimes placed in genus Tussilago
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonyms of alpine coltsfoot: Homogyne alpina / Tussilago alpina
- more generic terms: herb / herbaceous plant = a plant lacking a permanent woody stem; many are flowering garden plants or potherbs; some having medicinal properties
- member of: genus Homogyne / Homogyne = small genus of low perennial herbs of montane Europe
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alpine Coltsfoot
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Christopher Brickell
Alpine coltsfoot. See Homogyne alpina. Alpine columbine. See Aquilegia alpina. Alpine fleabane. See Erigeron alpin us.
by Sir David Brewster
Tussilago and Cacalia alpina, alpine coltsfoot, and cacalia, ...
by Walter Erhardt, Allen J. Coombes
• E:Alpine Coltsfoot; G: Alpen-Brandlattich, Grüner Honckenya-Hornungia 401 Alpenlattich □ 4 Л Z2 V- VI; Eur.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alpine Coltsfoot
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alpine Coltsfoot to find many related words and phrases!