Alpine Milk Vetch
On this page:
Definition of the noun alpine milk vetch
What does alpine milk vetch mean as a name of something?
- perennial of mountainous areas of Eurasia and North America
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Astragalus alpestris / species Astragalus alpestris / Astragalus alpinus albovestitus / form Astragalus alpinus albovestitus / Astragalus alpinus alpinus / form Astragalus alpinus alpinus / Astragalus alpinus arcticus / form Astragalus alpinus arcticus / Astragalus alpinus parvulus / form Astragalus alpinus parvulus / variety Astragalus alpinus arcticus / Astragalus andinus / species Astragalus andinus / Colutea astragalina / species Colutea astragalina / Phaca andina / species Phaca andina / Phaca astragalina occidentalis / form Phaca astragalina occidentalis / Astragalus alpinus
- more generic terms: milk vetch / milk-vetch = any of various plants of the genus Astragalus
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alpine Milk Vetch
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Beryl Hallworth, Chendanda Chengappa Chinnappa
Alpine milk vetch is a dainty plant, found on rocky slopes. Astragalus americanus (Hook.) ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology by Umberto Quattrocchi
English: alpine milk vetch A. breweri A. Gray English: Brewer's milk vetch A.
The Cyclopædia; Or, Universal Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and Literature. By Abraham Rees, ... with the Assistance of Eminent Professional Gentlemen. Illustrated with Numerous Engravings, by the Most Disinguished Artists. In Thirthy-nine Volumes. Vol. 1 [- 39] (1819)
alpinus, Alpine milk vetch, Flor. Dan. t. 51. “Caulescent, proçumbent ; flowers pendulous, racemed, legumes acute at both ends, hairy.” Steins above a foot high; leafiets hirsutih, ovate, often ten pairs; stipules two, ovate, lanceolate, very short ...
by Abraham Rees
alpinus, Alpine milk vetch, Flor. Dan. t. 51. “Caulescent, procumbent; flowers pendulous, racemed, legumes acute at both ends, hairy.” Stems above a foothigh ; leaflets hirsutish, ovate, often ten pairs; stipules two, ovate, lanceolate, very short ...
by Walter Erhardt, Allen J. Coombes
• E: Alpine Milk Vetch; G: Alpen-Tragant • 4 Z5 VI-VIII; Eur.*, Cauc, W-Sib., E-Sib., Amur, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alpine Milk Vetch
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Alpine Milk Vetch
Alpine Milk Vetch
NPS / Jacob W. Frank
Photo credit: DenaliNPS
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alpine Milk Vetch to find many related words and phrases!