On this page:
Definition of the noun alpine mouse-ear
What does alpine mouse-ear mean as a name of something?
- widespread in the Arctic and on mountains in Europe
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Cerastium alpinum pulvinata / form Cerastium alpinum pulvinata / Cerastium alpinum babiogorense / subspecies Cerastium alpinum babiogorense / Cerastium alpinum alpinum / variety Cerastium alpinum alpinum / Cerastium alpinum sordidum / variety Cerastium alpinum sordidum / Cerastium alpinum vestitum / variety Cerastium alpinum vestitum / Cerastium arvense alpinum / variety Cerastium arvense alpinum / Cerastium alpinum
- synonym of Alpine mouse-ear: Arctic mouse-ear
- more generic terms: chickweed / clammy chickweed / mouse ear / mouse eared chickweed / mouse-ear chickweed = any of various plants related to the common chickweed
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alpine mouse-ear
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
An Introduction to Our Native Arctic-Alpine Flora by Heather Pardoe
Alpine Mouse-ear Cerastium alpinum Alpine Mouse-ear is a greyish-green plant, with pubescent stems and leaves. It grows up to 20 cm tall and forms mats or tufts . Its white flowers have notched petals. The flowers open between June and ...
Applied in England and Among English-speaking People to Cultivated and Wild Plants, Trees, and Shrubs by William Miller
Alpine Mouse-ear Chick-weed Biebersteini. Bieberstein's Mouse - ear Chick-weed Boiseieri. Boissier's Mouse-ear Chick-weed glaciale.
Containing the Best and Newest Methods of Cultivating and Improving the Kitchen, Fruit and Flower Garden ... by Philip Miller
Alpine Mouse-ear. - Lin. spec. 628. Reich. 2. 4oo. f. suec. m. 418. lapp. n.
The Chambers Dictionary (1998)
nceras Hum any low ground-covering plant of the genus Cerastium, including the alpine mouse-ear chickweed, with horn- shaped capsules, and Cerastium tomentosum, snow-in- summer. [Gr kerastes. from keras a horn] cerat- ser-at-, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alpine mouse-ear
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alpine mouse-ear
If you need images about Alpine mouse-ear for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alpine mouse-ear to find many related words and phrases!