On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun alpinia galanga
What does alpinia galanga mean as a name of something?
- southeastern Asian perennial with aromatic roots
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of Alpinia galanga: galangal
- more generic word: ginger = perennial plants having thick branching aromatic rhizomes and leafy reedlike stems
- member of: Alpinia / genus Alpinia / genus Languas / genus Zerumbet = perennial rhizomatous herbs of Asia and Australia and Polynesia having ginger-scented rhizomes
Phrases with Alpinia galanga
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alpinia galanga
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology (5 Volume Set) by Umberto Quattrocchi
Alpinia galanga Willd.; ...
by Saligrama Krishna Ramachandra Rao
- Greater Galangal Botanical Name: Alpinia galanga Willd (Syn. Galanga major Rumph; Maranta galanga Linn) Natural Order: Zinziberaceae Habitat: Mainly in the E. Himalayas and S.E. India. Description: A herb, 1.8 to 2.4 metres ...
by George A. Burdock
Regulatory citations GALANGA, GREATER (Alpinia galanga Willd.) Current CAS number 977050-77-3 Description A. galanga Willd. is the galanga variety whose rhizomes were originally used for extraction of the essential oil. The plant, native ...
by G. Rehm
143 Alpinia galanga (L.) Willd. Syn. Languas galanga (L.) Stuntz e greater galanga, languas f galanga de l'Inde, grand galanga g Galgant s calanga, garcngal 150 Althaea rosea (L.) Cav. Syn. Alcea rosea L. e hollyhock f rose tremière g ...
by Ruth Winter
NUL GALANGAL GREATER 'Alpinia galanga. Very popular spice in all Southeast Asia and especially typical of the cuisine of Thailand. The rhizome contains up to 1.5 percent essential oil (l.8 cineol. (l-pinene. eugenol. camphor. methyl ...
by Elmer Drew Merrill
Alpinia galanga Swartz. LANDO, T. Bridelia. LAN£TE, V. Picrasma javanica Blume. LAN£TE, T. Wrightia ...
by Viktorija Briggs
Latin: Alpinia galanga Other Names: Catarrh Root , Chewing John, China Root, Colic Root, East India Catarrh Root, Galanga, Galingal, Galingale, Gargaut, India Root, Kaempferia Galanga, Lesser Galangal, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alpinia galanga
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alpinia galanga
Click on an item to view that photo:
This is used as a condiment in the Orient, known as Greater Galangal in English and Lengkuas in Bahasa. Photo from near Sakau, Sabah, Borneo.
Photo credit: Dick Culbert
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alpinia galanga to find many related words and phrases!