On this page:
Definition of the noun Alpinia officinalis
What does Alpinia officinalis mean as a name of something?
- Chinese perennial with pyramidal racemes of white flowers and pungent aromatic roots used medicinally and as flavoring
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Languas officinarum / species Languas officinarum / Alpinia officinarum
- synonym of Alpinia officinalis: lesser galangal
- more generic word: ginger = perennial plants having thick branching aromatic rhizomes and leafy reedlike stems
- member of: Alpinia / genus Alpinia / genus Languas / genus Zerumbet = perennial rhizomatous herbs of Asia and Australia and Polynesia having ginger-scented rhizomes
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alpinia officinalis
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alpinia officinalis to find many related words and phrases!