On this page:
- Definition of the adverb already
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Already
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Already
- Photos about Already
- Video language resources about Already
- Sign language
- Quotes about Already
- Scrabble value of A1L1R1E1A1D2Y4
- Anagrams of ALREADY
- Share this page
The word already is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adverb already
What does already mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- prior to a specified or implied time
- example: she has already graduated
Alternative definition of the adverb already
- Prior to some specified time, either past, present, or future; by this time; previously.
- So soon.
- [US] An intensifier used to emphasize impatience or express exasperation.
- "Already" is the fourth album by the British rock band Jesus Jones in 1997. It was the last EMI album. Singles released were "The Next Big Thing" and "Chemical #1".
- "already" is a musical album of Not Yet.
- released on
- "Already" a.k.a. "Already!" is a musical album of The Tweezers.
- released in (18 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Already
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Gift for Sigmund Freud's 80th Birthday by Richard Sterba
which allows one to perceive a particular situation as having already been experienced, does not belong to the current situation, but rather to the unconscious material that has been activated ...
The Heidegger Dictionary (2013)
by Daniel O. Dahlstrom
Building in the “authentic sense” is not a means to dwelling but rather is itself already a way of dwelling, a way of being on earth (as respective etymologies of the corresponding German terms suggest). Hence, it is impossible to ask, let alone ...
by George A. Barnett
Preferential attachment is the description of a process wherein some characteristic or thing is distributed in a random or quasi-random fashion among people, according to how much of this characteristic or thing an individual already has.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Already
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Already
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: eddale
Can you believe Lowe's has freakin Christmas crap up already?
Photo credit: Michael_Lehet
What appears to be a newlywed couple (or photoshoot models), already taking advantage of the park's unique setting!
Photo credit: i'mjustsayin
Photo credit: xinem
- Already flying.
on Instagram instagr.am/p/KNohknBtaM/
Photo credit: marksdk
- Smiling already!
Uploaded via Instagram...
Photo credit: roblawton
- (Already) Halloween
Photo credit: Noam A.
- It was broken already
Photo credit: Infomastern
- Pumpkins already
Photo credit: bionicteaching
- You are already that
Do you know what you are?
You are a manuscript of a divine letter.
You are a mirror reflecting a noble face.
This universe is not outside of you.
Look inside yourself;
everything that you want,
you are already that.
Photo credit: Pho Vinternatt
Paul weeded under the Meyers lemon tree last week, and this morning he noticed that the first daffodil sprouts are appearing! Seems very early, but maybe they'll slow down when it gets colder.
Photo credit: jinxmcc
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Already
Click on an item to play that video:
- English Vocabulary: "Already" And "Yet"
- Already Meaning
Video shows what already means. Prior to some specified time, either past, present, or future; by this time; previously.. already pronunciation. How to pronounce ...
- IELTS Building Vocabulary - Adding less familiar meanings to already known words
IELTS Building Vocabulary - Adding less familiar meanings to already known words by IELTS ELIXIR Instructor: Sajjad Hosseini ielts-elixir.com ...
- Alexis has such a wide vocabulary already!
- Kristen Stewart Is Really Smiling, Meaning Your Monday Has Already Improved
Kristen Stewart was spotted out and about in NYC on Sunday, Aug. 9, rocking her signature casual-cool street style and looking as happy as a person can be.
- Greece already recognised Macedonian language
President Ivanov named Honorary Professor at the Russian State University "Lomonosov" Monday, 10 February 2014 Moscow, Russia. The modern ...
- Already versus Still and Yet - The difference 1636 - ESL British English Pronunciation
- Agile Roots 2010 - Cucumber: Automating the Requirements Language You Already Speak
By: Ben Mabey User Stories have become common practice among Agile teams. Cucumber is a Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) tool, written in Ruby, that ...
- Greece already recognised Macedonian language in 1925
22.07.2007 Greek documents dating from the 1920s certify the existing of the Macedonian language and its recognition by the then Greek state. Therefor Athens ...
- NLP Language Patterns For MLM People Who Have Already Decided To Agree
- Pawnee Language (Tom E Knife Chief) - You already did it
See also the pronunciation examples of Already!
3 yr old niece already doing sign language
Quotes about Already
She did not talk to people as if they were strange hard shells she had to crack open to get inside. She talked as if she were already in the shell. In their very shell. (Marita Bonner)
more quotes about already...
Scrabble value of A1L1R1E1A1D2Y4
The value of this 7-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALREADY
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Already!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Already to see it in context!