On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun alstroemeriaceae
What does alstroemeriaceae mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- one of many families or subfamilies into which some classification systems subdivide the Liliaceae but not widely accepted; sometimes included in subfamily Amaryllidaceae
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of Alstroemeriaceae: family Alstroemeriaceae
- more generic term: liliid monocot family = family of monocotyledonous plants of the subclass Liliidae
- member of: family Liliaceae / Liliaceae / lily family = includes species sometimes divided among the following families: Alliaceae; Aloeaceae; Alstroemeriaceae; Aphyllanthaceae; Asparagaceae; Asphodelaceae; Colchicaceae; Convallariaceae; Hemerocallidaceae; Hostaceae; Hyacinthaceae; Melanthiaceae; Ruscaceae; Smilacaceae; Tecophilaeacea
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alstroemeriaceae
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
6000 Scientific Terms Explored and Explained by Michael Allaby
See Alstroemeriaceae. Alstroemeriaceae ( order Liliales) A family of perennial monocotyledon herbs or vines that have rhizomes and often swollen roots. Leaves are resupinate, simple, alternate along the stem or in a ...
Tulipalin A and its precursors Contact dermatitis from Alstroemeria species ( Alstroemeriaceae) and tulips (Liliaceae) is well known in the horticultural industry . The condition evoked is known as “tulip fingers” and gives rise to eczematous ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology by Umberto Quattrocchi
Leontochir Philippi Alstroemeriaceae (Liliaceae) Leontochir Philippi Alstroemeriaceae (Liliaceae) Origins: Lion's paw, from the Greek leon, leontos "a lion" and cheir "hand," a translation of the vernacular name in Chile; see R.A. Philippi, ...
by Jean-Pierre Lepoittevin, Christophe J. Coz
and Alstroemeria (Alstroemeriaceae family).
Phytochemical Dictionary (1998)
A Handbook of Bioactive Compounds from Plants, Second Edition by Herbert Baxter, J.B. Harborne, Gerald P. Moss
cultivars (Alstroemeriaceae). Red flower ...
by Michael Allaby
Pandanaceae Stemonaceae Triuridaceae Velloziaceae Alstroemeriaceae Campynemataceae Colchicaceae Corsiaceae Liliaceae Melanthiaceae Peterrnanniaceae Philesiaceae Ripogonaceae Smilacaceae Amaryllidaceae Asparagaceae ...
Alstroemeriaceae (k). (l) Whorled leaves in Peperomia sp., Piperaceae. (m) Chaotic leaf ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology (5 Volume Set) by Umberto Quattrocchi
Bomarea Mirbel Alstroemeriaceae ( Amaryllidaceae, ...
by Rolf H. J. Schlegel
pelegrina (Alstroemeriaceae/Liliaceae), 2n = 2x = 16 hort amaranth: The annual plant is common in southern Europe and Asia; because of the morphological diversity, amaranth can be an ornamental plant, a vegetable or grain crop, and ...
by Walter Erhardt, Allen J. Coombes
-f- Alstroemeriaceae □ 50 (-70) spp.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alstroemeriaceae
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alstroemeriaceae
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of A1L1S1T1R1O1E1M3E1R1I1A1C3E1A1E1
The value of this 16-letter word is 20 points. Since it has more than 15 letters, it can be played on Super Scrabble board only.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alstroemeriaceae to find many related words and phrases!