On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of Alta
What does Alta mean?
- Alberta, a province of Canada
- Alta is the most populated municipality in Finnmark county, Norway. The administrative centre of the municipality is the town of Alta. Some of the main villages in the municipality include Kåfjord, Komagfjord, Kvenvik, Langfjordbotn, Leirbotn, Rafsbotn, Talvik, and Tverrelvdalen.
- Alta is a town in Salt Lake County, Utah, United States. It is part of the Salt Lake City, Utah Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 383 at the 2010 census, a slight increase from the 2000 figure of 370.
- Alta is a city in Buena Vista County, Iowa, United States. The population was 1,883 at the 2010 census.
- Alta a.k.a. Älta is a locality situated in Nacka Municipality, Stockholm County, Sweden with 9,989 inhabitants in 2010.
- Alta a.k.a. Alta, California: Alta is a small unincorporated community and census-designated place in Placer County, California, United States, about 30 miles northeast of Auburn. The village is located off Interstate 80 and along the historical First Transcontinental Railroad. The ZIP code is 95701 and the area code 530. One of the few buildings other than private residences is the Alta-Dutch Flat Grammar School serving kindergarten through eighth grade students. The high school that serves Alta is Colfax high School. Colfax High School is 11 miles southwest in the incorporated town of Colfax. The population of Alta was 610 at the 2010 census.
- read more about Alta, California
- Alta a.k.a. Alta, Illinois: Alta is an unincorporated community on the northwest border of Peoria in Peoria County, Illinois, United States. Alta is 8 miles north-northwest of downtown Peoria. The decommissioned Illinois State Route 174 runs through Alta, and the Rock Island Trail begins in Alta.
- read more about Alta, Illinois
- Alta is an unincorporated community in Helt Township, Vermillion County, Indiana, United States.
- Alta a.k.a. Alta, Greenbrier County, West Virginia: Alta is an unincorporated community in Greenbrier County, West Virginia, United States. Alta is located at the junction of Interstate 64, U.S. Route 60, and West Virginia Route 12 northwest of Lewisburg.
- read more about Alta, Greenbrier County, West Virginia
- Alta a.k.a. Alta, Fayette County, West Virginia: Alta is an unincorporated community in Fayette County, West Virginia, United States. Alta is located on West Virginia Route 16 and West Virginia Route 39 north of Gauley Bridge.
- read more about Alta, Fayette County, West Virginia
There are other places with in their name, like Toa Alta, Alta Loma, Vega Alta, Alta Badia, Alta Plaza, Alta Vista, Breña Alta, Briga Alta, Milpa Alta, Ponte Alta, Punta Alta, Serra Alta, Terra Alta, Alta Gracia, Alta-Talvik, Gerola Alta, Marina Alta, Vargem Alta, Caravia Alta and Chincha Alta.
Phrases with Alta
- Alta Fescue
- Poa Alta
- Lanx alta
- Acqua alta
- Avena alta
- Carex Alta
- Garra Alta
- Nuria Alta
- Oryza alta
- Pilea Alta
- Pinna Alta
- Salda alta
- Stipa alta
- Venus Alta
- Anania Alta
- Bletia Alta
- Cecina Alta
- Colias Alta
- Drimia Alta
- Fannia Alta
View more phrases with the word Alta in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alta
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Journal of a Residence in Chile, During the Year 1822 and a Voyage from Chile to Brazil in 1823 (1824)
by Maria Callcott, Edward F. Finden
The Cruz Alta is a village which has been for some time fortified against the incursions of the Northern Indians. There are three small forts at right angles, formed by palisades, earth, &c., besides many impenetrable corrales de tunas' : one side ...
Knee Surgery (2013)
Complications, Pitfalls, and Salvage by M.Mike Malek
Patella alta is a serious but often ignored abnormality. It can be corrected only if the tubercle fragment is completely detached so that it can be shifted distally. The goal is to bring the inferior pole of the patella to lie on Blumensaat's line when ...
by Jos? de Acosta
It is a fruit reasonably holesome, and agrees with the The PaiThc l'alta is a great stomachc, being of a strong digestion, and cold. tasl commonly are hote and delicate. tree, andcarries a faire leafe, which hath a fruite like to great peares: within ...
by Kirkland W. Davis
Patella alta is a ratio of more than 1.3 (Fig. 18).32 Fig. 17. Lateral trochlear inclination angle.
Cultural Capital (1993)
Mountain Zapotec Migrant Associations in Mexico City by Lane Ryo Hirabayashi
VILLA ALTA: THE DISTRICT SEAT Villa Alta is a postconquest Spanish settlement established in the sixteenth century as the administrative center for the district. Villa Alta also served as a regional marketing center (Chance 1989). As a result ...
by Michael Kent
Patella alta is a structural abnormality occurring especially in tall, thin, people, predisposing them to anterior knee pain caused, for example, by quadriceps tendinitis and *patellofemoral pain syndrome. pathognomic 407 patellar Pertaining to ...
Cerebral Palsy (2005)
by Freeman Miller
Patella alta is a common finding in adolescents and adults with spastic gait. Most commonly, patella alta is associated with crouch gait. Because the primary cause of crouch gait is never problems with the knee extensor mechanism, the ...
The Pastor's Ponderings (2013)
by Pastor Alta Chase-Raper
Pastor Alta is an artist with ...
Edmonton, Alta., Can. 2. Home Mission Pastors. *Braa, N. R. T. *Egedahl, H. T. * Forseth, P. C. *Hoversten, Chr. 3. C. L. *Kandal, K. O. * Knardahl , C. M. * Knutson, T. A. *Lerohl, J. K. *Marken, O. J. *Mosby, Ole. •okland, fī.
Edmonton, Alta., Can . 2.
Orthopaedic Dictionary (1994)
by Stanley Hoppenfeld, Michael S. Zeide
patella alta patellar height, insall-salvati method creases the mechanical advantage of the quadriceps sition of the patella that is evaluated on a lateral ramuscles across the knee. The undersurface is cov- diograph of the knee. It can be ...
(including Alaska) by Mary Grace Wilmarth
Alta formation. Permian: Southwestern Texas (Shafter district, Presidio County). J. A. Udden, 1904 ...
high discharge temperature cut out overkogningssikring Ausschalter m für hohe Austritts„ temperatur f Ubertemperaturschalter т desconector por alta temperatura de descarga т thermostat m de sécurité au refoulement limitazione f di ...
A Reference Guide for Attorneys, Legal Secretaries, Paralegals and Law Students by Mary Miles Prince
by Michael Byram, Adelheid Hu
Outside Africa, the US based African Language Teachers Association (ALTA – http://altaonweb.org/) plays a leadership role in the USA in teaching and learning African languages. ALTA has five Language Task Forces for: Yoruba, Swahili, ...
Imperialism and Expansionism in American History: A Social, Political, and Cultural Encyclopedia and Document Collection [4 volumes] (2015)
A Social, Political, and Cultural Encyclopedia and Document Collection by Chris J. Magoc
Alta California was organized in 1769 as a province of New Spain and later became a department in the newly independent Mexico. It comprised the modern U.S. state of California, as well as the states of Nevada, Arizona, and Utah and parts ...
by Tom Savage
Alta, Buena Vista County. The Iowa Falls and Sioux City Railroad Town Land and Lot Company founded Alta in 1872 .
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alta
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alta
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: VBC17
Photo credit: SciF0r
Photo credit: Jake Spurlock
Photo credit: JenniKate Wallace
Photo credit: EmilyBergquist
Photo credit: JenniKate Wallace
Photo credit: quinn.anya
Photo credit: jfdervin
Photo credit: quinn.anya
Photo credit: jfdervin
Photo credit: paul_k_egell_johnsen
- Alta Cuenca
Photo credit: Pleuntje
- Plaza Alta
Photo credit: Bu_T
- Montecatini alta
Gatto nella finestra
Photo credit: Stefano Bertocchi
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Alta
Click on an item to play that video:
- Alta Meaning
Video shows what Alta means. , a province of Canada.. Alta Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say Alta. Powered by MaryTTS ...
- Alta Murrieta PI Letter Explanation
Mr. Coley explains Alta's "stay put" status in Program Improvement.
- Into Profesional de Andys Buray alta definition
- Como descargar videos a alta definition
Amigos y amigas subire tambien como descargar busixa gratis no videos chao chao bay tambien se pytede pelicula.
- Words of Life Zapotec, Villa Alta People/Language Movie Trailer
- Words of Life MIXE, JUQUILA: Alta People/Language Movie Trailer
This is: Words of Life MIXE, JUQUILA: Alta People/Language Movie Trailer c11050 [c11050t] Other names for this language are: Juquila Mixes, Mixe: Juqila ...
- Good News Chatino, Alta Este People/Language Movie Trailer
- NINE STORIES - Foreign language - Festival ALTA FIDELIDAD (Madrid, 30/12/2010)
- Casa en Venta en Serra Alta (Esl hostalets de Pierola)
- PSA Alta Bates & Language World
View more videos about Acqua alta.
See also the pronunciation examples of Alta!
Quotes about Alta
I believe that one of the great problems for us as individuals is the depression and the tension resulting from existence in a world which is increasingly less pleasing to the eye. (Claudia Alta Taylor Johnson)
more quotes about alta...
Scrabble value of A1L1T1A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 4 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALTA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Alta!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alta to see it in context!